i need help

ok, i dont’ really post much, but i need a lil help if anyone is willing. My brother has a 2001 Audi A4 1.8 turbo. he messed it up pretty good and needs some major work, like the timing chain is busted and that’s just the begining of the problems? anyone have any suggestions on who can fix it for a decent price? he just wants to get it running so he can trade it in :tounge:

Depends if the valves are bent and if the head is damaged in any way. how many miles are on it when it broke? You can buy timing belt kits from www.ECS-tuning.com for less than $200 but if theres damage to the motor your looking at a rebuild.

sam will for trade!!!

Originally posted by 2Much_Hood
ok, i dont’ really post much, but i need a lil help if anyone is willing. My brother has a 2001 Audi A4 1.8 turbo. he messed it up pretty good and needs some major work, like the timing chain is busted and that’s just the begining of the problems? anyone have any suggestions on who can fix it for a decent price? he just wants to get it running so he can trade it in :tounge:

:smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:
give us a call ask for mike see what he says only if jj’s cant do it

Originally posted by 2FNFast
:smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:
give us a call ask for mike see what he says only if jj’s cant do it

u can!!!:smiley:

[QUOTE]Originally posted by 2Much_Hood

sent pm

Originally posted by Pewterss
sam will for trade!!!

wonder what type of trade he’d want off of him :69:

if the timing belt broke, u bent atleast 4 valves, and hopefully didn’t fuck up the combustion chamber of the head. as soon as u pull the head off, you can see if u fucked up any pistons. dont worry when the head is pulled if u see white shit, that is the sodium from the valves–which are not cheap! hopefully pistons are not fucked up with huge dish marks, and u didn’t make a ridge in the bore of the block.

a rebuilt head runs 900 bucks plus core. a brand spanking new block runs 1100 bucks if you can still get them, as i have not been able to recently.

used vw audi a4 1.8t motor goes for 1700 range w/ 90 day warranty, and the audi tt motor i have one listed for 2200–same thing as a vw 1.8t, but beefed up internals from the factory.

as for what it would cost for a shop to rebuild the head, new gaskets/headstuds/valves/timing belt plus the cost of labor, it would be comparable to buying a used motor, and having a shop install it.

just make sure that if u have a 5spd—u get a 5 spd motor. and same for a auto motor, as cranks are different between the two motors, so auto motor wont work in a 5spd car and vice versa.

if u need a shop to do labor, get ahold of me.

How did the timing chain break on an 01???:confused:

2001 HAS A CHAIN THAT RUNS THE OIL PUMP— SO THE OIL PUMP SHIT THE BED STARVING THE OIL. THE “CHAIN” RUNS THE OIL PUMP… IF THE RUBBER BELT BROKE, THEN UR BENDING VALVES.

I MISREAD UR ORIGINAL POST, OR U WORDED IT WRONG.

Originally posted by vw16vcabby
if the timing belt broke, u bent atleast 4 valves, and hopefully didn’t fuck up the combustion chamber of the head. as soon as u pull the head off, you can see if u fucked up any pistons. dont worry when the head is pulled if u see white shit, that is the sodium from the valves–which are not cheap! hopefully pistons are not fucked up with huge dish marks, and u didn’t make a ridge in the bore of the block.

a rebuilt head runs 900 bucks plus core. a brand spanking new block runs 1100 bucks if you can still get them, as i have not been able to recently.

used vw audi a4 1.8t motor goes for 1700 range w/ 90 day warranty, and the audi tt motor i have one listed for 2200–same thing as a vw 1.8t, but beefed up internals from the factory.

as for what it would cost for a shop to rebuild the head, new gaskets/headstuds/valves/timing belt plus the cost of labor, it would be comparable to buying a used motor, and having a shop install it.

just make sure that if u have a 5spd—u get a 5 spd motor. and same for a auto motor, as cranks are different between the two motors, so auto motor wont work in a 5spd car and vice versa.

if u need a shop to do labor, get ahold of me.
He don,t post much but when he does it,s very educational:D

Originally posted by SleeperGTP
He don,t post much but when he does it,s very educational:D

this still cant be the same sailor i know

theres no way

Originally posted by 2FNFast
this still cant be the same sailor i know

theres no way

it is… come race me this summer :slight_smile:

Originally posted by vw16vcabby
it is… come race me this summer :slight_smile:
ok