auto to manual pricing?

ok, i know how many people have posted questions about this, but everyone ive looked at while searching never says an approx price

ive got a 93 hatch with ka24de ofcourse, and i dislike auto but for $700 and the condition it was in it was to easy to pass up

so my question is, what price range would a good swap be? and by good i mean not old, worn down, untrustworthy parts.

Varies, but i’ve seen commonly 400-600 installed.

I paid 600 installed, but the douche reused the same TOB, now I’m gonna have to get that replaced soon… sigh

not to bad! i think i may try to find a few guys to come help me and do it ourselves, how much did you pay for everything?

he said 600$ installed.

I’d come and help for some food and gas cash =P. PM me if you’re not too far from Mississauga!

my 5 speed swap cost me $150. your best friend in this situation is someone parting out their 240 so you can get all the parts in 1 place

^ and a drill for that thick firewall lol

most people charge about 650-750 in labour plus parts so for 700 installed that would be a good price

Get parts and I’ll do it for $200 with your tools

thick? lol

well i wont be getting a shop to do it, its something i want to do by myself with the help of others, the cars located in ancaster

look for parts car and if you wana go alil more buy new clutch and fly my swap cost 500$ + new clutch and fly not that hard to do ethier did it in my garage in 2-3 days while goofing off every so often lol

well for anyone who would be down to help a bit, i could supply food and beer!
and gas money ofcourse, most likely will be happening in the spring

to be honest the 5 speed swap is really REALLY easy, it’s basically just a clutch job. The biggest pain of the entire process is the brake pedal. If the dash is still in the car it’s just a pain to get the brake pedal assembly out. That’s why some people decide to just cut the brake pedal in half, which would be so much easier, but slightly butchered.

I swapped the pedal out and sort of wish I cut it lol.