Clutch is toast - what am i looking at?

hey ,

alright, so i bought another hatch and the clutch is toast.

i tried searching, but didnt find an average oh how much this would run me.

Anyone have an idea of much it will cost me? ive gotten a couple quoates for 300-350$ but they didnt say anything of flywheel resurfacing or anything. I think they meant just a straight drop in.

To me, this sounds a little high, ive never paid more than 400$ in the past for a clutch job with the clutch!, BUt ive never really owened a RWD car that needed a clutch…just want to make sure im not gona get ripped off

Also, any recommendations of a good shop to go to around mississauga that can do it fast?

thanks

$160-$200 for an OEM style clutch

$300ish for labour

$50-$75 resurfacing

ok well they told me if i get my clutch from them, it will cost me maybe 300$ and if i bring a clutch, probably 350ish.

I know i can get a clutch at their cost, if not cheaper, cause they dont know i know the people where they get their stuff from, so i also get their disscount.

So 350$ is a decent deal not including a resurface? is it really needed though?

You can get away with resurfacing but while the stuff is out, might as well throw
in the $50 for a resurface.

Make sure you get a throw out bearing from Nissan; it’s about $40.

Why is it more if you bring your own clutch? :ugh:

ill pick one up too, probably a generic one though :slight_smile:

because he’s a beying a bitter bitch that i brought my car somewhere else to get my brake booster repalced cause he didnt have the time and he was dicking me around so i took it else where cause i needed it changed ASAP. So when he told me how much, i jsut wanted to make sure it wasnt just a number to make some extra cash because he is beying bitter.!

But ill tell him straight up that its bs that it will cost me more if i bring my own clutch.

I’ll take care of you, pm me if you want more info dude.

i would suggest you look at gonads car before you take this advice.

:hsugh:

http://home.cogeco.ca/~dirdhou53/fnf2.gif

i like the baldheaded guys beard=D

crap, i wanted to take my car to your shop, but i couldnt remember what your board name was or the name of the shop!!

i took it to my own shop tho in the end…i just told him straight up 300$ or no deal… At this point he had forgotten about the whole booster deal and didnt care anymore. haha

Well for next time something happens , which seems to happen a lot with me, ill take it down to your shop!