B5 Audi A4 2.8L V6 mileage questions

They shit the bed.

Nope the turbo will commit suicide in no time flat

are they the same K03’s are in mine?

Get a Corolla, problem(s) solved.

high mileage 1.8ts are asking for turbo failure if chipped, or if theyve been chipped already. my 02 GTI was chipped at 8,000 miles, REVO S2. 23-24psi. by 28k when i went BT the turbo was smoking.

yup

the CHRA’s are probably the same, housings are different though

so chipping those blows them the fuck up? or is it driving style or what?

4.2 A6, do it

one of my neighbors has that. looks like my car. there were 0 in my neighborhood, till i got mine. Now theres like 4 of em, plus mine. theyre dope tho. i liked driving those, but the MPG on that blows dick, esp in city mode.

http://philadelphia.craigslist.org/ctd/1940802473.html

Trade in Ron, do it. Im seriously considering going down and checking this A6 out, if these guys have financing available I might try to get it.

O M G. Thats totally something I’d want

Yea I shot the guy an email, Im seriously considering it if I can secure financing. Drop it down a bit, do a nice set of wheels, maybe an exhaust, and have a badass super comfortable DD with more than adequate power that can handle all weather conditions.

there are a whole bunch of them in RI PA VT MA NH NY. Google craigslist search turned up a lot with a full range of mileage and prices. I think thats the only way I’d get rid of the lexus is for that.

It has to be black on black leather though and they are already somewhat rare so coming across that combo in good shape for a good price is tough

looks nice, Dread. btw, i STILL maintain that a LOT of you are closet audi fans.

Im definetly an Audi fan, probably pretty funny to hear a mustang driver say that. The reliabilty scares me a bit though but Ill probably go for an Audi as my next car anyways. My long term plans are to get an A6 4.2 and drive that through the winter and spring then sell my GF’s jeep and let her drive the A6 to work and pick myself up an S4. We’ll see what happens though, long term plans change easily.

I replaced tires, brakes(pads and rotors), oil, rubber boot and did water pump, belts, plugs. basically only maintenance. one thing that broke was a button. other than that, no problems.

see im the same way. i like the way audi/vw cars looks, but im just afraid of losing a ton of money and time into repairing these cars. at the moment im contemplating on whether i want to start looking and purchasing a 01 a4 avant 1.8tqm.

All the research ive been doing thr 4.2’s says they are pretty stout, but if the transmission does go out its a 5-6k bill to have it replaced. But there are actually multiple options for a 6 speed swap so at least if the transmission does go theres a badass alternative.

i must agree with the looks comment. i really like the design on em. they dont seem to add strange unnecessary lines and such. theyre just simple and nice looking. the reason i bought mine was that it feels so nice to drive it.

What motor do you have in yours vot? 2.8?