Best Way to Transport a 240?

CAA is your best bet. Let someone else take the responsiblity.

Calling a flat bed will not cost you a penny more if the tow truck driver deems your car “too low” for regular towing.

Keep in mind that the CAA operator will try to tell you that it will cost you $30 if a flat bed is not necessary.

If it’s stock height, I’m sure you will be charged.

^^ with CAA plus you don’t have to pay extra for a flatbed

its true about the licensing and insurance part…but i have never had a CAA tow truck driver ask… I just towed my car over 100kms today and asked him some questions.

It is supposed to have valid plates…so just take them off your DD for the tow and remove them after he’s gone…they don’t look at the ownership or anything so yours fine. Basically as long at its a rolling chassis it will be fine…

I shipped mine out today with bald stock wheels…no front brakes…no wiring harness, rad, no exhaust…and it was fine…just told him i blew the engine…

He blocked it up on wood and didn’t charge me anything or even care that it was lowered…

You will be fine man…just put random valid plates on it…

No, I have CAA plus. You can still pay for a flatbed if the driver deems that it wasn’t necessary. Maybe they just lied to me on the phone but I’ve been told about the extra charge a few times by the operator.

i’m sure it just depends on the drivers mood really. if he wants to charge you the extra, he can.

u haul is 65 for a car dolly and fucking 75 for a car trailer. both ten dollars for insurance.

absolute bullshit. CAA is gunna take 48 hours to take affect.
I need to find a car trailer some where around kingston/napanee/shannonville area.

u haul is not bad at all. you cant just put a car on any trailer you have thats laying around. tandem (sp) axel and hydro brake assitance is key. for the ten extra dollers it is worth the flat bed. 100 dollars for 48 hour rental not to steep. where are you located i am renting on for the next couple days to move my car if you are close and i have time i can help you if you pay of course. let me know.

if you end up dollying it, make sure you latch the sunroof down! I know of quite a few members (self included) who towed backwards and lost the sunroof lol.

i’m located in napanee, the car is located near belleville

so just got a car trailer and towed it with my truck.

but even after people telling me to not forget the sunroof. I forgot all about it. thus i left it on and thus it blew away and smashed onto the road. lol atleast the car is safely home in my garage now.

thanks for all the advice everyone

$95 canadian tire roadside GOLD package-5 tows of 250 km after 72 hours…just did it to get mine home

It would only be funny if a gino in an eclipse sped up and said “yo guy! your glass roof jus gone blow’d off!”

but ya, toe’d a so.

felt like a fucking idiot hahaha. oh well atleast its home.

Fake plates isnt worth the risk! A mechanic told me to do that (switch my civic plates to my 240sx to bring it to the garage) which I did, than his boss told my dad and my dad flipped out on me lol. Also I passed like 6 cops and I kept stalling cause it was my first time driving manual… but yeah the fine will cost dozens of times more than the rent/tow price plus the demerits and license suspension.

A) not something for a first timer
B) Have someone follow behind you or keep someone behind you
C) There isn’t a license suspension for that. Fines and a tow home. The No Insurance ticket will be put on you if you don’t have it.
D) worse case scenario make a detour, pull in somewhere. Get out of their line of sight, avoid fast lanes since cops can’t stand driving in any other lane or stand going the speed limit.

plus membership entitles only 4 service calls per year… tows are upto 200km each call