CAA members?

I am looking into getting CAA memberships but I can’t seem to find exact details plus I’m a bit confused looking here: http://www.caasco.com/membership-savings/member-benefits/

What is the actual yearly cost or is it monthly payments

Does it depend on vehicle owner or driver (eg my driver licence?)

Is it limited or tow anytime? OR how does that work. I am looking at the above link and it shows only 4 tows for 10km distance??.. then another 4 tows for 200km… im confused…

Asking because I’ve been screwed over $$$ so many times having to be towed… it seems like a good investment… and even if going to/from track? I want to know more…

And do you have a choice as to what kind of tow comes? Cause i don;t want them f’ing up my ride i like the tow trucks that put those grab things around all the wheels and then turn into wheel themselves so no wheels from the car actually touch the ground…

get CCA plus not the basic. You can 4 tows and 1 of them can be up to 200km. If your car is slammed like mine, just request for a flatbed. Depending on driver there is $25 dollar charge for flatbed but i got away with that 2 out of 3 times. . Its well worth the money man.

caa plus is what you want. 120-130 annually and all 4 tows are 200 km. flatbed charge is bs that the drivers come up with. just tell them you dont have cash on you. they arent going to charge you debit or credit.

and you get discounts on motels, hotels and movie tickets etc.

is the $120-$130 annually is for just one car? or can it be for more than one car? basically, whats the deal with CAA for multiple cars lol

^^ it covers you not your car, I’ve used mine 4 times on 4 different cars. As Long as your present with card and there is valid plates on the vehicle u can tow anything.

I’ve got CAA plus as well and when my starter went recently, I called CAA to get it towed and told them my car is a rear wheel drive. They automatically sent a flatbed without me asking for one, they’re not supposed to charge you extra for it. FYI, the guy ended up getting my car started by hitting the starter with a bar he had and didn’t end up towing the car but it still counted as a tow/service. Not a big deal though…

And nate10 is right about it covering you and not a specific car. My buddy was in an accident a while back, I was with him. I got his car towed under my CAA, I told em that it wasn’t my car but they didn’t care, as long as I was there.

It’s well worth the money IMO, especially when you own an older car like us folk lol

cardholder doesnt necessarily have to be present when they get there! Jusdt tell the driver the guy took off, around the GTA anyway… Right CAL?!

But one time I needed a tow from Downtown Belleville using my buddies card that I did not have with me, they couldnt tow it cuz they had a computer hooked up to the truck that needs your card/drivers license before they start driving…

lol i used my girlfriends dads CAA+ when i hit a raccoon and blew my clutch line. Called them, gave them the card number over the phone. Didn’t even need him or the card at the scene!
makes me want to get CAA lol

CAA has rules and regulations.

The driver(tow guy) can choose to be a dick and follow them exactly. OR he can be a nice guy who doesn’t care cuz hes gonna get paid and is willing to do the tow.

NOW. a good thing to do is ask for a flatbed because its RWD and you do not want it to be towed regularly. IF a flatbed is required because its to low, due to modifications. CAA charges 25$. its not BS… that’s their charge, so don’t mention its low.
FURTHERMORE. Ask the tow guy to be careful with your car and offer him a tip in advance, to insure a smooth hassle free tow. might cost you an extra 10-20$ but your still saving assloads. CAA is not a towing service, its road side assistance.
FINALLY. CAA covers the DRIVER(s) not the vehicle. caa cardholder MUST be there… unless the driver(tow guy) doesnt care. The vehicle MUST be PLATED and with a VALID sticker. (again unless the driver doesnt care.)

*********** ASK for flatbed cuz its RWD and you dont want any damage to your vehicle or it rolling while being towed. NEXT ask for “the nicest driver to come, since you’ve had bad experiences with previous guys who are not friendly” **************

Source: CAA customer for MANYYY many years. and have done tows from stripped shells, unplated vehicles, accidents, wanting a free tow somewhere, invalid stickers, flatbeds, regular tows, friends vehicles, using other people’s CAA cards without them there
good and bad expriences.

GET CAA PLUS

CAA is the shit, abused it till they redflagged my account

but yea, you can request a flatbed if your car is low/rwd and there is no fee… i believe the fee only applies if you request for a flatbed if its not needed.

Get your friends to purchase CAA too so you always got each others backs! A+++

everytime thy ask for the 25 i say i dont have any cash cause they didnt tell me about the charge but i always take care of a good tow-er.

Good stuff to know, was looking into it for this year.

Thanks guys.

Caa coverage sucks. even if you get a top of the line package they ll only cover you up to 4 tows.

mean while if you go with TD VISA autoclub service they will cover up to 250km with unlimited towing service (inc. lock outs, boost, and tire change)
its a visa you have to get thru TD bank and there is a $100 annual fees for that visa but they also gives you 1% cash back… so it literally becomes free…

and as for caa flatbed driver asking you for a $25 bucks… lol tell that driver you ll call his broker and snitch lol they ll shit their pants and do it for free for you lol

Caa is great. I never paid for a flatbed tow. Always had to get one. Guys are usually great and take care of you. Rumour is caa won’t go on cayuga grounds though. Sooo might not be the best for track related incidents. Your best bet is to just make realllyyyy good friends with a few drivers. Then your tows are free!

I got mine towed from cayuga. Just get rid of your wristband and sticker on the car and tell them you were watching some buddies on the track.

Get the premier. 350 k 1x 4x 200k 2 day rental if your car is deemed out of comission for 48hrs. 160 bucks.

Caa is the way to go my whole family works with in the company
Mom is the trainer for head office
Step dad has contracts from Pickering to Belleville
And my my dad is a tow truck driver

And if your getting a new car towed home technicly they are not supposed to tow vehicles without valid plates,
So if you get a dick driver that dosnt wanna tow it pretty much tell them $3+ a km is better than sitting at home

they upgraded me from plus to premier just randomly for some reason and included 4 free premier memberships for family and friends… twas nice…

CAA membership is on my priority list now. esp since I paid well over 300$ in tow service this year…

caa is awesome
get the plus
they say they wont tow from race tracks but i got towed from dunnville when i broke a ball joint but i told them i was at the airport skydiving he came saw the car said no way u were not on the track but he towed me i told him 30 bucks dont worry from dunnville to mississauga
and from TMP but i pushed the car to the main road about 1/4 mile away again the guy said bs gave him 30 and it was cool

as far as the extra charge that is total bs they say if you dont need it u cant have it but the flip side is this u tell them you DO need a flat bed my car is lowered and there is no way the bumper wont be damaged

also if you want to tow a UNPLATED car dont say that when ordering it cause they wont do it so order normally and when they ask whats wrong? say it doesnt start and put plates on it for when he comes to pick up

i say get it it comes in handy there once was an old lady during winter that her cars belt snapped and i hooked her up