Anyone with a truck?

I don’t know if this is asking too much?

Does anyone have/knows a person who has a truck with a hitch to help me tow my car to Barrie for a cage in mid to late October?? I’ll rent a trailer but require a vehicle to tow it with, or if you have a trailer it’ll be even better.

I’ve been speaking to Adam (s13counterpart) to install a Roll cage but the only problem is getting my car from Mississuaga To Barrie. I looked into renting a u-haul pick-up/2 wheel dolly combo but it came out to costing too much in the end.

Truck/trailer costs= $149.04 (two separate trips)
$0.49/km for the truck= $207.76 (There and back twice)
Total= $356.80

I figured if someone can help me out. It’ll cost me:

Trailer= $101.74 no charge per km on trailers (renting it twice @ $50.87)
Gas= ~$55-$60 (There and back twice @ $15/trip)
Food= ~$whatever you like :slight_smile:
Total= $156.74 + Food

Thank you,
Ghanim M.

Get a CAA premium membership, cheaper than that and you get three free tows upto 200km each.

Haha wow… completely forgot about them, I asked maybe about 8 people and not one of them thought about CAA. It works perfect for me!

Thanks man!

Caa would be best bet. And you’re joking if you think 15 bucks will get you to barrie and back with a truck… Took me 40 to go from sauga to oshawa and back and thats no trailer.

No, I said $15/trip, as in $15 there and $15 back. That’s still low now that you mention it…I never owned a truck so I can’t say I have a lot of experience with estimating gas mileage cost with a p/u.

^^ Ok lol thats a little more reasonable. Maybe without the trailer you could make 20-30 bucks a trip but add the trailer and car and its gonna be more.

you may not have as much luck with caa as you think. i’ve used them for personal towing before (meaning it wasn’t an emergency, nor was anything necessarily broken) and several drivers made it clear that they ONLY do towing in case of emergencies, if your car dies and you’re stuck or something. they don’t like towing you to shops to get work done on your car, or anything that isn’t an “emergency.”

so you better make up a good story if you’re asking for a tow from Mississauga to barrie cause getting your car caged isn’t gonna cut it.

15$ a trip haha…

Yeah exactly, you just need a story to go with it, just say you’re at your buddies place and need to tow it home.

I only briefly skimmed OP’s original post , but can’t you tow it to Adam, and drive it back?

If they deny me the tow because they say it needs to be an emergency, I’ll just make it an emergency by pushing in the middle of the street lol.

The car is a project build and I won’t be able to get it to move under it’s own power till at least March. I figured I’ll get it caged while I can’t work on it since school is pretty intense.

I have a truck that can do it but I don’t have the time to make it free trip on my part.

you should pay for the gas and a little on the side someones going to blow away almost a full day in total time to take your car there and back and ware and tare on there own vehicle you should give them something extra on the side besides lunch.

I would say round trip that would be about 60 bucks in gas for one trip. as you are towing a trailer. that’s give or take for most V8 trucks.

CAA premium for the win and its 4 tows @ 200km and 1 @ 320km, not 3…

I’ve gotten shells from Toronto to Kitchener many times without a hassle. If your car is half assed put together at all, just say you snapped your crank and your taking it to your friends shop in Barrie. If its sub-half assed put together ask for a flatbed and apologize for not being 100% roadworthy and tip the man.

Based on all trucks I’ve owned, like clutchfire said - $60 round trip would cover it, but if you’re having someone do you a favour, you fill their truck up regardless.

my 3500 gmc pulling my dolly and a car would easly be $100 buck in fuel + i live in brantford lol but if we can arrange something i would be willing to help you out.

If my F150 wasn’t a Ford and something reliable (perhaps a GM, or a Dodge with a Cummins) I could tow you myself…

I always mixed experiences with CAA. I have a customer who has CAA flatbed his car places in non-emergency cases. Although he hardly tows it out of town.

Hey now, don’t hate on the powerstrokes lol, tritons and mustang motor’s, sure lol.

Yep - hit or miss on CAA but I’ve had 14 hits and 1 miss so I’m biased lol.

My F150 is a 5.4…
2004 240,000km oil changes every 3500km… Now on 2nd motor… Which doesn’t run right.

The powerstrokes are a good motor only if they’re pre-2011 (Or is is 2010?). Ford recently started making the motor themselves instead of having them built by International. I know 2 people with @011 Powerstrokes on their 2nd or 3rd set of turbos… Fuck Ford! lol

CAA+ +1 lol

Ive had many calls to them and all have been good! no problems.
but anyways… uhaul! lol