BRAKE LINE????

I put new hard lines on with out the motor in the car and now i been staring at this one line and wondering if its too close to the motor. it doesnt touch im just worried now about motor movement.

lmk what you think

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v77/layzie298/brake.jpg

i don see why it would rly be a problem.
-andy

because the motor moves towards the firewall under WOT.

im sure that it would flex some without breaking, but i dont think its something i would wanna take a gamble on

I would just keep an eye on it to. Later down the road see if there are rubbing marks on it from the intake.

+1 Just check it after a few days of beating the piss out of the car this spring. No rub marks, no problem.

you be able to work something like this down the area of line you want to protect from rubbing…

http://www.4x4wire.com/toyota/minutemods/brakeline/

I’m sure there are different products out there but a spiral one would allow you to leave everything in place and “hand over hand” it into place.

ya my only thing is i haven’t bled the brakes yet and deciding on making another line. I dont want to because its a royal pain in the ass. I have a great feeling it will hit.

i use to have braided lines but i went back to hard lines. i wanted my 2 main lines to have zero flex. im more afraid of it pinching or bending the hardline then just rubbing it

did you copy me with that FPR fitting? copier

nope. mines on a female to female 90. i was kinda pissed when i seen your fitting after i was in there the day before and he never once mentioned that fitting. in the end i like how mine turned out better then my orginal idea.

ill make at least 3 more trips to ferry before my car’s running …lol

i have at least 2 more before im ready, maybe 1 if i dont forget shit. i already been there 4 times in the past week

well…all my stuff from last year i did still works, i just wanted to rearrange some shit. last year was a nightmare. was there probably 20 times

lol same thing with me. i didnt like my set up so i redid it all.

back on topic: my only concern is that line pinching or breaking at this point.

yeah dude, cut some silicon vac hose and wrap it around it.

that wont stop the manifold from pushing the brake line tho

X3

loosen the fitting and twist it toward the firewall more, and tighen back up.

Cut the intake runners and re-weld them shorter. That should do it.

it will take alot to rub a hole in that. i thought on a hond the lines can out the oppsite, just like the rear. maybe you can just put a bend in it around the intake.