Yeah, Brake Lines in WNY!!

RANT:

Why the FU(K cant they make brake lines that are salt, whatever PROOF??!!?!!1111 For the love of all that is holy.....Im sick of fixing brakes lines on newer cars that are rotted, flaked and busted. 
      Reason for my rant, had to take 1hrs worth of sh!t to get to the ABS block, I remove the lines with surprizing ease though. THEN came the fun part of not getting the line nut to go into the alum. ABS block....FINALLY I got it! WAIT! It tightened up before it was all the way in. Hmmm, is it cross-threaded or just roughed up threads. I go a bit further....yup. cross-threaded.

AWSOME. Now, I gotta try to tap it without getting anything in the line. I also notice that the 2 lines coming from the cyl. are rotted, and the lines from the front lf/rt are rotted as well. I think I know where this is going. So, now after moving my digits to get the defrosted....Im heading back out. Yeah, Im stuck doing this shit outside since the shop has an immobile vehicle on jack stands waiting for parts. I suck.

The End…
for now.

I feel your pain, I have done th esame shit many times. I am in the process of putting a head gasket on a accord and then on a civic in teh next few days.

They do make brake lines that don’t rot. They’re only available on not-GM’s though.

if its a 97 it isnt exactly a new car anymore.

Yeah, I just had to have mine done on the integra. The gas line had a hole and I just decided to do all the lines (3 gas, 2 brake) to do it. Required dropping the gas tank and sub frame on the car to do all of them. What a pain.

the vehicle is a '98 not new…new-er. I guess 9yrs is a good run, but come on…just powercoat em or something. I would just like to think that with all the advancements in the automobile, the dreaded “hard line rot” would be addressed and forever fixed. This is a Chrysler, and just for S & Gs my '96 GP had very little rot on the lines…weird.

just to add…I think Im bitter because Im doing this outside…5’ from being in the heated garage. lmao…then crying

Don’t forget fuel lines

My ol '78 Malibu Wagon isnt even this bad…

oh, and fuel lines are fine. so are the rack n pinion lines. weird

My '81 Cutlass wagon’s line are immaculate. My mother’s '97 LeSabre is rusted to hell underneath. All the lines are shot… along with anything else that is metal :lol:

Because people wont want to pay the extra $40 for stainless.

Update: After all this fuggin around “thinking” that I cross threaded the ABS junction block…its actually the threaded end of the BRAND NEW LINE that wont thread in. The old one goes in fine. Now, I gotta find my double-flare tool.

I do WTF. high grade exhause and lines. :eekdance:

Stainless Anyone?

Yeah, because they won’t be able to afford the extra .00000001 per month on their car payment. Fucking bean counters…

more like car companies would rather save themselves the beans