Heads up on fuel and brake lines

My fuel line went under the car so i attempted to fully swap out the line. Too much work so i just cut out the bad section put sum rubber hose on and some hose clamps. i get down the driveway…the brakes are complety gone. Theres stupid plastic couplings that hold your lines together which like to collect water then rust out your lines in that one tiny spot. theres 5 of them i think all along the underside of the car. Im just sayin be carefull if your under there or doing any repairs to the lines because where those couplings are the lines are extremily fragile. I did all the lines except one brake line(didnt have enough brake line)…i left one of the bad spots tried my best to not disturb it and it went on me when i went to bleed the brakes :evil:. This is my 1st experience replacing gas lines and brake lines. im deffinatly getting my brakes checked up after…i drove like 2kms to get brake fluid with only the handbrake…if brakes were to ever unexpectidly give out… :shock: Done like toilet paper swirling down the toilet.

-Devin

Yeah, I’ll be replacing all my lines when i redo my frame rails. Currently I’m leaking fuel but don’t know if it’s out of a line or the tank…

When doing the brake lines get the powder coated lines as they are the best replacement. You can save a buck or two using plastic lines for your fuel as they will last as long or longer then metal ones.

I will definatly be using new plastic lines for my car this Saturday. The only snag is the compression fittings and tools to connect the lines to the pump as they may be hard to find.

braided stainless lines/fittings…

group buy anyone?..

Brakes are THE most important thing on a car. I got all my lines run and bled the brakes as best as i could yet it still got the car a shop to get it further bled and 110% roadworthy. I gota wait till 4 till i go back and help him out and watch what he does diffrent from what ive done. Are their any other materials that could be used for a brake line? rubber expands id have the most soggyest brakes and SS braided :shock: would not runn me a few bills for all the lines…?
-Devin

Some people use steel lines all the way around.

The best setup is powder coated stainless steel from the MC to the wheel well and then flexible stainless braided lines to the caliper.