Fuel lines

So i have a leak on one of my fuel lines that run along the passenger side frame rail, So i have decide to replace or have them replaced… Does anybody know where i can buy some pre bent lines or is it a dealer item? And how hard would it be to install them? The car is a 1992 240sx.
Any shops that can give me price quotes pm me.

thanks

john

you will never find pre bent lines… most places use rubber hoses now adays or just bend new line… cant be more the $100 regardless… and to save money down the line have them do the brake lines well there in that area anyways

What section is leaking, the fuel lines are made of different sections, some are rubber and some are metal lines?

Also, I agree do the brake lines while you’re at it. Well worth the time while you’re already under there. You can bend the lines yourself around a bottle or something, just be sure not to kink them!

Thanks for the help guys. The one that’s leaking is close to the back right at the rear suframe about 2 feet from the gas tank. i’ll get some pics to show it better. Is the certain size i have to buy?

if its a metal part that leaking cut of the leaking part of the pipe and just buy a rubber hose from canadian tire and get 2 clamps for the hose. im not sure about the hose size though so just take the piece of pipe you cut with you and grab a hose that fits nice and tight.

Well they make something called compression fitting which are brass fitting that seal when you tighten them down. Ask around at part source. Just cut out the bad part of the line, bring it to part source get the right size and the same sized compression fitting then go and install. they also sell a bender for lines like these for like 5 bucks way better then using a bottle.

Hey

If you intend to keep the car you’re best to replace the lines -all 4- front to back .Once you start patching you’ll have to do it again in a different spot soon thereafter. Replace them all and you’re done - I have bought new tubing rolls at CT -bent the lines to match OEM and replaced them on several cars and it’s worth it. Buy a good bender - it saves time. Expect to spend a day or two doing it if you want to do a neat job. Mark the fuel lines where they convert to hoses at the fuel tank in order to not mix the supply and return.
Start by soaking the bracket bolts that hold the lines in WD40 . Brake lines need to be double flared and buy new metric ends -the two short lines at the rear axles are the hardest to replace.

Good luck

yea it is better to replace the lines, but if your like me and do alot of stuff at home i would prolly patch it because its cold and do it properly on a warm spring or summer day.

Don’t buy tools from partsource, they are shite. If you are serious about working on your car and do it often then go find a Snap on or Matco truck. Otherwise stick to using that trusty bottle and don’t waste your money.

I rather use a 5 dallor bender then have a peice of garbage in my tool box. For tools you use all the time by all means get good stuff, I know snap on is good but when there stuff breaks you have to find a truck to get warranty. ct stuff with life time warrany is more then enough I think for most people who arn’t mechanics.

yea for home tools ct tools are not bad at all, life time warrenty and they get exchanged with no questions right away. snap-on you have to look for the truck and if he doesnt have the tool on him you have to wait like weeks.

If your Snap ON (or in my case Matco) Rep is in good with you he will bring the friggin truck to you…and if the tool isn’t on the truck he will get it within 3 days even if it has to come from the states. CT hand tools aren’t bad at all, sockets and such…many of which I still use to this day. But as far as the benders and flare nut wrenches and more or less anything that isn’t a common hand tool usually will result in a set of bloody knuckles or a bend that you could have made with 2 pieces of pipe welded to a 6" piece of round bar ( this will also allow you to make more aggressive bends)…the total cost of this tool with NO moving parts being 6.00$. But to each his own, when I was a weekend warrior in the garage (er, my driveway) I bought these things too thinking the exact same thing. It’s like the difference between FWD and RWD.

FWD- hey this works, there is definitely some fun to be had here.
RWD- Nuff said.

Do it right or do it twice. But, as stated before “ct stuff with life time warrany is more then enough I think for most people who arn’t mechanics.” I guess I am just a stickler for professionalism when it comes to my car.