Fuel Lines

Has anybody changed their fuel lines with after market ones? If so what did you get make/size? Where and how much?

Nissan wants $200 for the lines before any discount! Thats a rip off!

Do you need the full fuel line replaced?

If only part of your gas line is leaking just get a rubber fuel line and a couple clamps. Cost me not even 10$, Hope that helps.

Hmm - I am learning alot as it is by replacing engine, steering rack, etc. Not sure if I have the tiem to learn to flare too.

Maybe I should just buy them from Nissan. $ :frowning: $

Yeah mine need to be done as well. I did a half-assed job in November due to the cold weather, now I’m in a jam again.

On this topic, what is the ID of the fuel line? I have large spools of line at work I can use and was planning on doing this change within the month. Might save me some investigation time if someone knows the ID of the hard lines?

I know the OD is 5/16’s so im guessing the inner is 3/16’s

One thing I noticed everyone neglected. Purchasing pre-bent fuel lines makes things a HELL of a lot easier. I remember doing the pre-bent thing with my GA and the replacement vs flaring and working with the hard lines is effortless.

Just a thought…

The pre-flared ones are more expensive I’ve noticed then if you were to buy it by the foot at CT.

Definatly dont buy that kind of thing from a dealership. Theyre not actually Nissan parts, so they will just buy them from a local garage and mark them up. Fuel lines arent cheap, but just stop into a small mechanic and they would probably help you out.

If anyone needs a visual on double flaring…

http://www.pharmacy.arizona.edu/staff/wunz/NoABSTCS/DoubleFlare.html
Pretty good site

Has anyone confirmed this? I’m going to get some line from work but I don’t want to sign out the wrong line and be stuck with it for nothing…

That sounds right, although you may want to check yourself on your car. I just flared some of the lines on my car, and I can check what size it was next time Im up working on my car. I have the memory of a goldfish.