Brake line went...helpppp

So one ofthe 3 lines that run under my brothers accord went. Pretty much has 0 brakes. Can someone refer me to a good mechanic that can fix this or atleast point me in the right direction of a DIY.

I’m handy but I’ve never done a line

Thanks

you can probably buy a pre formed line that bolts right in. Check out rockauto.com to see if one is available.

For a FWD car with a broken rear line the simplest, cheapest, and least time consuming option is to crimp the broken line, top off the reservoir and be done with it.

^ This. I’m pretty handy and when I tried custom bending a replacement with one of those cheap tubing benders all I did was ruin 3 different pieces of blank line. If it’s a really simply section you need to replace it might be worth trying to bend it yourself but they usually have at least one section of complicated bends.

What side of town are you on? PM Carnut, Don does work pretty reasonably, and he used to keep Jam’s POS Accord running, so he’s well versed in how bad they suck.

super super SUPER easy to do. hardest part is getting the flares.

If you have a good flare kit, this is not too bad of a job…

LOL all too well. Yeah Russ called me already but I turned the job down for now. Kind of taking a break from working on cars for a bit. I assume that’s why this thread was made.

Have you tried to PM devioustsi yet?

If you end up doing it yourself…BUY AMERICAN HARDWARE. I learned the hard way via shitty Chinese shit when converting my Mustang to IRS…ended up having leaks at every junction due to inability of the chinese flares to seat with enough tolerance.

I checked Rockauto and didnt find any lines

What do you mean “getting the flares”?

Carnut, yea thats is why I made the post. I have not tried devioustsi yet…good guy?

Thanks Mike ill remember that…btw-check your PMs

Wow guys, dbl flaring brake line is NOT rocket science. even if your using cheap tools its not hard. using stainless flaring is a bitch

making a good flare can be a bit of an art, I sucked at it when I tried.

I will see if I can find a DIY or something

---------- Post added at 09:51 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:42 AM ----------

Doesnt look too bad

The flare wasn’t my problem, it was getting all the weird bends into the line without damaging it, and actually having it line up with the old one that I struggled with. The line I was trying to do was a bitch though because it went around several components and had a pretty complicated set of bends. In the end a guy at Monroe made one for me in like 2 minutes and charged me $20 for it (I had the old one and a blank line in hand when I walked in). I’m sure I just got lucky and more than likely that $20 bill went right in his pocket for dinner or beers so I doubt you’ll get that lucky if you just walk in.

Hah, maybe I’ll try that. Wont hurt right.

So I need item 7 and looking at its price, I will buy a blank and try to bend it

http://www.hondapartscheap.com/find-parts/Honda/ACCORD/1999/4DR%20EX/KA5MT/BRAKE%20LINES%20(ABS)

Of course you need the longest most expensive one on the car.

you will have to drop the front subframe, to be honest that price is well worth the pre bent/flared piece compared to trying to do it on your own

while you do one of the lines i would do the other at the same time since its inevitable that one will fail also

you’re not doing this in a museum, it doesnt have to be bent perfect like the old one…

Do not buy a preformed one from honda because you won’t put it in right without dissassembling almost the entire car. go to napa, buy 25’ or 50’ spool of bulk line, then the ends are like $1 a piece. grab a flare tool from local parts store or harbor freight and go to work.

I know right

---------- Post added at 03:00 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:59 PM ----------

How positive are you about dropping the sub frame? I dont think I will buy pre bent looking at the price of a 6’ section
plus your right I should do the 2nd line

---------- Post added at 03:03 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:00 PM ----------

So you can get them in spools? Hmmm I might just do that since autozone max’s out at a 6’ section
thx