Brake Lines!!!

Hey any one on here ever replaced their brake hardlines? I contacted Nissan and they said that they didn’t carry them anymore. They can find out if the lines are available in Japan.

So, I either I can go ahead with that or run my own lines (bend them myslef). Just wondering if anyone else had to replace them or knows any manufacturer that makes hardlines for our cars.

-Thanks

Buy the ones at Canadian Tire and bend them yourself. It’s not hard to do.

Yeah, as I said, that is one of my options, but I would prefer to get them pre-bent and flared. That way I don’t kink the line at the tighter bends, and I don’t have to buy a flaring tool.

You won’t break them while bending, i replaced all the lines in my 240 before and they’re actually pretty hard to bend. And they’re flared already. Just check the diameter of the line you need. I remember you need metric, cause they got both metric and imperial at CT. But i don’t remember the diameter.

Pre-bent lines are gonna cost you an arm and a leg anyway, totally not worth it.

Our brake lines are 10x1.0 threads.

Go to CT and you’ll see nothing but 5/16 crap :ugh:

What sections you need again? Entire from master to brake? :dunno:

Lies. They have metric.

I’ve used the 10x1.0 (i had forgotten the metric measurement), that they had and it fits perfect. I coated them afterwards with a rubberized black paint so they wouldn’t rust overtime. Bent them myself with a piece of pipe and use teflon tape on the fittings so it doesn’t leak. Never had a problem.

try part source for the lines if CT doesn’t have the right fittings.

someone told me they also have the powder coated steel lines too.

but then its a little harder to bend

I get all my stuff via napa. My old auto teacher has a discount from them so i just run to him for parts. Bending isnt that hard. All you need is a vice. And are flaring tools expensive. Cause my former teacher just gets the students to flare em for me.

I need the entire thing!!!

I need the entire thing!!![/quote]

Happy Bending

crappy tire rents out flaring tool kits and a bending tool for many diffrent lines.

You don’t need a fucking tool! Grab a piece of pipe and bend the line around it to make your bends, geez. You’d be bending lines the size of a pencil, you’re not bending exhaust or IC pipes…