brake swap ?? and my s13 RHD picture

hi guys and gals !!
i the newbie here and i just had a qwick question about brake swap i know ALOT of ppl swap out 300zx brakes but i seen a vr4 swap on e-gay and want to see want the PROS thought…oh and this my new project car/drift car. thanks mike

here a link to the bracket i was talk about…

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/s13-s14-300zx-z32-big-brake-kit-brackets-240sx-silvia_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQcategoryZ33564QQihZ001QQitemZ110210867847QQrdZ1QQsspagenameZWDVW

http://img293.imageshack.us/img293/3443/111228dl8.jpg

http://img401.imageshack.us/img401/1181/53783391mi1.jpg

lol im not a pro so Im not much help but how are you a newb if you own a rhd silvia…that seems pretty pro too me =D
nice car

thanks buddy, i’m not really new to car thing but i just wanted to know what the pros and cons are to running the VR4 brake swap. and if anyone is runnin this swap??

You may actually sell a couple of these if you lower the price.

first of all… the original poster isnt the ebay seller…
why would he ask a question about his own product?

second…
i’d be wary of this conversion for two reasons:

1. who knows how strong/reliable those brackets are

2. the guy says both 26mm and 30mm calipers will work with the VR4 rotors… that is highly suspect.

will you really need a bigger rotor than stock z32? in my opinion you are much better off spending the money on quality pads, lines, and fluid

To check the interest, to advertise, to sell… Not that there is anything wrong with that.
The idea is not new and people that are more into looks than performance will consider buying it. Check this out http://forums.nicoclub.com/zerothread/199252

The vr4 swap is just to mount the rotor, you will still need 300zx calipers. I also read up somewhere that both 26mm and 30mm will work though personally I would do more research before buying. The vr4 rotor is 12.5 inch is dia and requires the proper hub centric ring, these rings are usually plastic and i think they would melt but again do more research. Personally I think the vr4 conversion is obsolete now with the 350z conversion thats out. With a 30mm 300zx caliper you can run a 350z track rotor which is 12.75 inch in dia and perfectly hub centric just need a bracket which i think “spoolin” on the forums says he can get for cheap. I was going to go this route but have decided not to for the time being because these rotors are very heavy and a bigger rotor will push the brake bias further towards the front. It’s better left for a future upgrade, when you feel you need more heat capacity in you brakes and you buy 2 piece rotors and a brake bias valve.

thanks guys for ur info and thoughts, it gave me alot of info and ideas. But i like the 350z rotors and i’m looking into maybe using a set of wilwoods and make mine own brackets!! thanks again

try arizonazcar.com for wilwood bolt on brake upgrades
$800 or so for the front setup

I’m with mike.

Z32 are plenty beefy.

need more stoping power, do the rears too.

if you want something a bit cheaper then z32 i have gtst r33

exact same size as z32, use z pads, lines, and rebuild kits, so all parts can be gotten easily (208 x 30 rotor with 4 piston calipers)

200 for the calipers and rotors (pads too)

What’s wrong with you? This is SON. It’s all about having the biggest brake caliper + rotor. Who cares about fluid, pads, and lines?

:picard:

bing sells these brackets , made in canada, actually he’s had them for a couple of years

Acually it’s all about tires.

??? wtf mate?

Fluid pads and lines are great, but all these parts are a waste without good rubber.

yaayy another rhd silvia :slight_smile: love the rear mouldings where are they from ?? take my word im in the smae boat, forget the conversion upgrade, a good set of vented rotors, pads, lines and quality fluid makes a great change. what motor do u need the monster stopping force for? sr or ca

lol… i have no idea where they r from but i was thinkin of sale the rear moldings, rims, and the front bumper…cars got a sr20det (the b16 of nissan) i think i am going hawk pads, steel lines, and new fluid…you got a rhd too??

lol b16 of nissan comment!!! LOL!!!
anways i want the rear bumper :wink: oh wait,coupe and hatch dont match …gey

but seriously z32 or r33 brakes are more then enough like matty said for 200 bucks you can have stopping power that is more then plenty.

yea! i ill never let that car go ! rustless, except im playin around with the ca18det! lot of fun , not as popular, but a pulletproof bottom end!

+1 on the sr20 /b16 comment