300ZX brakes on S13

Hello! I’m looking to do a 300ZX brake upgrade on my S13. I’ve researched this meticulously on the internet, finding out a lot of very important info, but still have a few questions. So I will be buying all 4 calipers, along with 5-lug rotors converted to 4-lug, stainless steel lines, and Z31 brake master cylinder. The current set up is coming off an S13, but I have not seen it yet. It should be a direct drop in (since it is coming off another S13) but I know the handbrake on Z32’s are drum, and not integrated in with the disc. I do not really care about drifting, so I just need it to park, etc. Some people were saying you can run the e-brake, or you can delete it and not have e-brake. Could I delete this, and just run a hydraulic e-brake? Thanks for any help!

you could but i would call you crazy. Honestly your going to drive this on the road? Can i know what car your going to drive so that I can stay the hell away from you?

If you want to do hydraulic fine but use a completely separate line and caliper that is stand alone from your current braking system. Other wise your fucking nuts. I already had my brake lines rust out on my car and explode losing all brake pressure. Yes the Ebrake was the only thing to stop the car besides engine braking. What happens if you bottom out your car and damage it? This is your second most important system on the car besides the engine and your most impotent safety system and you want to remove it? Really? Dude…

Lets not forget if you get pulled over my the MTO and they fined no Ebrake… shit. i think they will crush the car and fine you but this maybe the part where someone else who knows more could file in the blanks.

To do the 5 lug upgrade, you are going to need:

front- new hubs, new(ish) 300zx rotors and brakes, and new lower control arm from s14. This should all come together usually if you are buying this from somebody. New braided lines are nice too. I broke one of my front brake hard lines during the swap, so I had to get a new one from c. tire and run it from the brake master because it was so rusted. Not too hard. Used a shovel handle to make the bends in the hard line.

rear- new hubs, new s14 rotors, re use the rear calipers.

done. You still have e-brake.

If you get all the rear end parts off a 300zx you can maintain the drum ebrake easily on an s13. I made plates similar to link above with 2 pcs of angle iron and a drill. easy stuff.

I would also recommend 5 lug conversion hubs for the front. It’s easier than changing lower control arms.

240pimp he didn’t even ask about a 5 bolt swap.

OP if you want a working mechanical parking brake you’ll need z32 rear dust plates, all the parking brake hardware, z32 ebrake cables, and the brackets like Steve660 is talking about.

If you’re considering running NO ebrake, get your head checked. If you’re thinking of getting a locking hydraulic e-brake that would use the z32 calipers I would recommend abandoning that idea as well. Hydraulic brakes aren’t meant to hold constantly when the vehicle is parked. Do it the right way and get a z32 drum setup.

There’s no way in hell I would run no e-brake! I just need it to park. But I’m stupid aparently lol. I thought hydro-brakes ran off your current fluid, and only hook up to the rear calipers. No, my car’s line’s would not just randomly burst because I have original 22 year old lines. Mine are all new, not sketchy as shit like some people’s rotboxes. My car is never going to be slammed enough to bottom out. Even if it was, the frame rail would hit first, don’t ya think? Now that I look at it, the hydraulic e-brake is a stupid idea, even if it were a locking one. It’s overkill. Thanks for all those that were productive, and provided some very constructive points and criticism, instead of freaking out. I’m looking into buying a big brake kit instead of using 300ZX brakes. Might have to sell my kidney to afford one, but I’d rather do that, since I’m more comfortable this way. Stoptech’s or Brembo seems legit. I don’t like cheap parts when it comes to a crucial part on my car. I could skimp out on cosmetics, etc, but not on this. Thanks again!

• Updated - - -

There’s no way in hell I would run no e-brake! I just need it to park. But I’m stupid aparently lol. I thought hydro-brakes ran off your current fluid, and only hook up to the rear calipers. No, my car’s line’s would not just randomly burst because I have original 22 year old lines. Mine are all new, not sketchy as shit like some people’s rotboxes. My car is never going to be slammed enough to bottom out. Even if it was, the frame rail would hit first, don’t ya think? Now that I look at it, the hydraulic e-brake is a stupid idea, even if it were a locking one. It’s overkill. Thanks for all those that were productive, and provided some very constructive points and criticism, instead of freaking out. I’m looking into buying a big brake kit instead of using 300ZX brakes. Might have to sell my kidney to afford one, but I’d rather do that, since I’m more comfortable this way. Stoptech’s or Brembo seems legit. I don’t like cheap parts when it comes to a crucial part on my car. I could skimp out on cosmetics, etc, but not on this. Thanks again!
http://i1030.photobucket.com/albums/y364/JDMboy777/531901_10151192761494195_696687824_n_zps6513ca63.jpg

The problem isn’t with potentially rusty lines. Your brake caliper seals aren’t meant to have constant pressure applied. If you’re going with a big brake kit keep in mind you’re still not going to fix the ebrake situation. S13 rear calipers have the ebrake built in. Spend the $200 you would have spent on a hydro e-brake and just buy a mechanical drum setup and stick with your z32 brake setup. More than enough for the average S-chassis!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

Thanks for the advice buddy. I’ll see what I can get first, whether I save up enough for a kit, or find a complete Z32 set up. I know I’ll be seeing a lot of track time during the season, so going with a huge brake set up will be worth it.