300zx e-brake alternative?

Hey i recently went and did the 300zx brake upgrade on my 240sx. the only problem I have now is I do not have an e-brake. I didn’t use the 300zx rear hubs, i kept my 4 lug s13 hubs instead. Now can I incorperate an e-brake without switching my lugs over?

If not can I use the 300zx rear hubs and keep the 4 lug?

Will all my 240sx rear suspension mount the the rear 300zx casting with the hubs?

Thanks!

-Ryan

You have to remove the rear hub and dust cover, and install the 300zx ebrake assembly. There is lots of documentation on the net as to how to do this. You will also need the 300zx ebrake cables. I had to remove my rear arms and get the hbs pushed out of the knuckles. after it was all cleaned up, I did not have to push them in, they slid in. The biggest pain is the adaptors for the front ebrake cables. You will have to buy/make some as the mounts do not line up. I reused the stock 4 lug hubs (was not interested in new rims). If you want to see mine, you would have to come to my place as the car is up on stands for the winter.

You probably do not want to use the 300zx knickles/verticals. They have a different lower mount for the strut.

This is the best link to performing the brake upgrade. I did fine another one with lots of pictures where the guy kept the stock 4 lug (like me).

Do I get in trouble for posting a link???

NE Edmonton.

so there is no aftermarket e-brake set up I can use so I don’t have to use the 300zx rear hubs?

I would have to assume that you don’t want to put the drum ebrakes in from a 300zx. I am venturing a guess that you could switch to a hydraulic ebrake?? and that would work for rear brakes just using the calipers? You would have to do some plumbing to get it all straightened out. I have never looked into doing this though and my be way wrong.

Darek

yes, hydraulic e-brake would be up my alley!
now where to find a kit?

I have only ever seen one in a car at SEMA. It was a s13 drift car.

http://www.driftworks.com/catalog/products/driftworks-hydraulic-handbrake-normal-or-upright.html

here you go.
Also K-sport has a good one as well

thank you! =D