brake conversion

my rear caliper on my 89 240 is shot. I’ve wanted to do the 300zx brake conversion, they have a nice set front and rear on ebay, im not sure what else i need to do the conversion, any help on what else i would need would be great. Thanks

For the fronts you would need the appropriate z32 rotors drilled to a 4x114.3 BP if you don’t have 5 lug hubs. Same I believe goes for the rears plus you need the z32 ebrake cable. Their may be more, i’m just going off the top of my head.

This question comes up a lot…
The rears a lot harder to do. You need quite a few things from the 300zx. Apart from the obvious things, you’ll need the e-brake setup and the e-brake cable. However you’ll need to extend the e-brake cable if you are using the 300zx one OR buy an R33 e-brake cable for about 100USD.

Also, here’s a site that explains how to do the rear swap properly:

that’s a lie u don’t need to extend the cable for s13 only s14, my car is living proof lol

so do i need to do the 5 lug convresion first, ???

Nope… not unless you want to do the 5 lug swap as well

What you do is remove it from the Z32 Spindle “One Big Nut @ the Back” But in order to remove it, you need to press out the Hub & remove the Wheel Bearing before you can remove the Ebrake Setup. Then you have to do the same to the S13 Spindle “take it a part, put the Z32 Setup on” And press the Hub back into the Wheel bearing then re-install onto the Car.

It can be alot of work…

I’m doing the swap myself and got the Complete Rear Spindles plus All 3 Cables so I do not need to cut/lenghten anything and I will be staying 4 Lug and using the S13 Spindle.

You could use the Z32 Spindle itself and not have to remove anything and swap the Ebrake setup to the S13 Spindle BUT if you use the Z32 Spindle, you must use a Z32 Strut as that is the only difference between Spindles (and TT Z32 Spindles are Aluimunm so weight half as much)

so im going to have to have the rotors redrilled to a 4 bolt pattern, but i was thinking of just buying the 5 lug hubs, and i was going to do the front first, since it would be the easier of the brake conversion, what do you think.

go 5 lug you get netter wheels and you don’t have to redrill your rotors everythime u get new ones, and if you buy the parts at the right place it’s not that expensive

I sure hope your not referring towards yourself because I would hate to be in Darian’s position of having paid in full for a complete Z32 Rear Setup over a year ago and still not recieveing it…

no i bought mine from local junkyards for next to nothing, and he has recived most of it all that was missing was the ebrake… the mess up was not my fault, as was stated before he was not buying from me i was simply posting on behalf of my freind and he will deal with it… so mind you own buisiness