what brakes are you guys running?

planning to do a brake swap (z32) but i heard the back brakes were hard to convert because of the e-brake. So i’m curious whether or not to leave the rears stock and upgrade the fronts only. Your comments please.

Not sure what car you have, but I assume it’s a 240SX??
The back brakes of an S13 use the ebrake on the caliper itself.

The Z32 is a Disk/Drum setup on the rear. The outer caliper is a two piston design, only for stopping the car.
The ebrake is made up of a common drum setup that’s mounted inside the rotor where the hub is that’s only designed to hold the car. They are in no way related by mechanical means. They are essentially only using the same piece of metal.
The Z32s, J30s, Q45s all use this design.

you could just swap the fronts only and leave the back, that would be your best bet if it’s purely a performance upgrade. the fronts do most of the braking anyway… what will you be using the car for? show or go? (or in this case, stop)

I’m afraid of the Hydraulic ebrake. I don’t think it’s certifiable either, but it’s definitely an option for a show car. Especially if you don’t have to certify the car for the road again.

Preferable option number 2 :wink:

Just upgrade the fronts, that’s what most people do.

If you do the rears, the ebrake etc. isn’t that hard to do either.

do the fronts … the backs will most likely cost u more then ur fronts on a 240sx

Someone should post the different calipers that will work on the fronts.
The skyline ones work etc… Some are aluminum etc… Good knowledge.

300ZX (Z32) calipers will work.
I have a pair that I’m holding for Vlad. If he doesn’t want it then we can arrange something.
Vlad, you still want the pair?

depends which one. r32 gts-t are exactly same as 300zx twin turbo. r32 gtr’s are not.

the evo 3 brakes will work on fron and rear… but if you wanted performance again only do the front W/ big brakes as for the rear just change the rotors and pads… this is what enjuku racing told me when i asked for advice.

hmmm 300zx conversion… how much are you selling for?

will stock s14 5 lug rims clear z32 brakes and coilovers??

gorilla the answer is yes.