Z32 Calipers on an S13/14

Well I was just looking around on the net for some things for my car and came accross this.

A really good swap guide to putting Z32 calipers on an S13/14 hub

And if you guys are concerned about losing your parking brakes with the Z32 rear brakes, here you go

I don’t have a 240 but still read it for some reason.

good info, nice find

SWEEET!

i was looking for that z32 walkthrough for a while…
found it a while back, but lost it when i switched comps.

ty!

Glad I could be of some assistance. Now it’s linked here on the boards for all future reference.

Yeah I did this on my old 240sx and it’s REALLY simple. The hardest part was getting the soft lines off the hard lines. A lot of the times you have to torch the nut to losen it. If you wrench on it to hard, you’ll crack the hard line.

Fronts are MUCH easier to do then rears and unless you guys plan on pumping more the 450+ hp, just do a front brake upgrade, buy better pads/rotor’s for the rears. Remember 70% of the braking is done up front and you also won’t need to change the brake master either ;).

Also unless your running S14 stock rims (and even then don’t quote me) stock S13 rims DO NOT clear the larger calipers. Theres 3 options here;

1. Buy 3 mm wheel spacers

2. If you can only find 5mm spacers also buy longer wheel studs too as theres not enough thread to secure the lug nuts on properly.

3. Grind down the caliper - NOT RECOMMENDED!!!

Basically if you have everything you need before hand, this upgrade requires only moderate mechanical skills and some patients. Should only take a couple of hours baring any prob’s. Have a friend around though to assist you in bleeding the brakes. You only need to bleed the fronts so no biggie but start with the right front.

Cheers ;).