300ZX rear calipers same as S14?

Guys,

Bought some NT 300ZX rear assemblies but they didnt come with the calipers. Will the S14 rear calipers bolt up or do I need to get the NT 300ZX ones?

Thanks

I know the Z32 ones are 2 piston and the s14 are single, they do bolt up I think tho.

I don’t know how much it will affect the master cyl, probably not too much.

Check here, this is the best info on this stuff.

Hope this helps.

Theo

Ok, I should have researched it better before posting.

Quoting the article:

The rear brake swap is not impossible, but it can be difficult. I wouldn’t try it unless you have some decent experience under your belt. The reason for this “disclaimer” is that it requires nearly the complete disassembly of the rear suspension. Some believe that this swap isn’t necessary to complete an effective brake upgrade on the 240, but I wanted to go all out as well as have a complete swap to write this article! At any rate, you will need quite a bit of hardware from the 300ZX. Obviously, there are the rotors and calipers. You will also need the e-brake cables, and the complete e-brake/splash shield setup. Some people have been able to utilize the aluminum 300ZX knuckle, but it’s no where near a direct swap.

So, yeah, pretty big deal. Better off just trying to find some.

Good luck with the whole thing man.

Theo

I guess your purpose with those NT z32 rear assembly is for the 5lug swap. If so, just swap the hub to you s14, direct fit. But its PITA getting the hub off the knukle - rust.

If by NT you mean Non-Turbo you might be better served by calling it NA (Naturally Aspirated)

Theo,

Thanks for that link, it is super informative. Now Im kinda torn as to what I should do. I am doing this mainly for the 5 lug swap but the thought of upgraded brakes is also appealing. I have the the entire hub assemblies, e-brakes but no calipers and rotors. I can get those without a problem though.

What do you guys think? Should I bother with the hassle? I have a Brembo GT front big brake upgrade on its way.