300zx Brake conversion

Hey,

I’m not overly familiar with 300zx brakes. I’m looking at buying a S14 that has had a 300zx brake upgrade (Front and Rear)

My question is do the 300zx rear brakes and 240sx rear brakes use the same E-brake hookups?

Reason for asking is the car needs E-brake cables installed and I want to make sure it’s not going to be a pain in the ass.

Thanks!

you need R33 e-brake cables.

is the s14 4 lug or 5 lug

just get brembo gt kit fuck 300zx

s13’s use z32 2+2 lines
s14’s use r33 ebrake lines

Done.

Brembo’s are overkill for s chassis whether its the street, or any track in ontario. its all show.

This. I don’t know whats with him and his Brembo GT boner.

dont s14 and z32 have similar dual piston rear calipers? or only jdm s14s?

if usdm s14s have single piston calipers, then the ebrake on the z32 is completely different and is a bigger PITA then just cables.

the ebrake on stock 240 brakes actuates the rear caliper, on z32 there is a seperate drum brake inside the rear disc.

take a look in behind there and see if the backing plate is there. are the shoe parts in there?

heres a good link to start: http://importnut.net/300zxbrakeswap.htm

The car is 4 lug

---------- Post added at 08:41 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:39 PM ----------

I haven’t gone to physically look at the car, its about and hour away from me.
Thats the exact saying in the sale thread “just needs ebrake hooked up”
When I talked to him he said he had the cables, ill have to see what kind he has

^there are a number of parts in that system, more than just cables, backing plates, arms, pivot point, springs, shoes,

there is an entire drum brake set up in the rotor hat…

Alrighty guys, thanks for all the info… Maybe I’ll stay away from this one. If he “has the cables just no time to install” the brakes are probably a hack job.

^ probably a wise choice. For my s13 I needed to make up extention plates to mount the z32 cables. I didn’t really know what I was getting into when I did so it took me a lot longer than I expected. Not sure if its the same for the s14 but if the seller hasn’t thrown them on there is a reason.

for the JDM s14, I believe its the same as the z32 fronts but the rears are the same as the USDM s14 ones which means the e-brake system utilizes the single piston rear calipers instead of a separate drum assembly within the rear brakes.

I have z32s as well and I driven guys who have z32 on their s14s, if the brakes are setup properly. they are more than enough for this car.

yes, the e-brake system can be a pain in the ass to install but it’s well worth the saving in the long run compared to the big brakes kits and fancy Brembos and you still get somewhat of the same performance out of z32 setup.

like my old s14 :frowning: proper brake setup. lol e-brake pita? not if you have the right tools. :slight_smile:

yes Will lol, I was referring to your old s14, RIP dusty lol it had a crazy z32 setup but ya like he said, if you have the proper tools, its an easy job, but if you don’t have the right tools and you try to do a hack job, It may potentially cost you a lot more.

Get wilwood kit… don’t waste time on ancient junkyard garbage. Trust me… I went through various brake upgrades until I settled on my wilwoods.

^really, you are going to taught the merits of a $3K four corner brake upgrade over what is a $1200 brake upgrade…

get real, tires are more important… personally on a budget I would take mid range brake upgrades with HIGH end tires over HIGH end brakes and mid(or low) range tires

so your saying with the brembo kit up front and some good rottors and pads in the rear the 240 is not going to have mad breaking power?

lol whatever floats your boat.

300zx = junkyard garbage

The upgrade to wilwoods was very worth while. And you don’t need ‘3000$’ for wilwoods. Shows you haven’t researched enough.

I have nt01s, i guess that would mean ‘high end tires’ in your language :slight_smile:

its fairly obvious that the only reason you brought up wilwoods is to brag about having them. you’d prob tell him to get an ls1 too if you had one.

other than the fact that no one gives a fuck though, why would be need anything more than z32’s? not only are you wrong about them being “junkyard garbage,” but does it really look like he’s competing and needs top brakes on the market? the guy was simply asking a question about z32 e-cables, so who gives a fuck about your gay wilwoods.

willwood kit is uder 1000 right?