Budget build. $4K = 10's

So I acquired 2 more projects, to add to the list of projects. The V8 jetta is on hold again to use that space to finish the v8 dumped ranger. So after getting beat by a milf in a Hyundai Santa Fe in my daily driver MK4 jetta I got pissed and looked for another fast daily. So I figured the LSx shit is dirt cheap and parts are everywhere what else can I stuff that into on the cheap and actually be driving it prior to winter? Well the easiest thing I could think of was what they came out of, 4th gen Camaros. Found one for sale 10 minutes from me on ebay, went and talked to the guy for an hr about all kinds of car stuff and hit it off well. Turns out he bought a 4th gen for the V6/5speed to swap into an old MGB and lost intrest in his project. Long and short of it, we worked out a deal… I get a 1994 Camaro in damn good shape, as payment for helping him swap the V6 into the MGB.

So it begins.

Here is the idea. $4k budget to get a V8 into a 1994 V6 Camaro and run a 10 pass. Honda guys can do it, with the same year cars, and the same over populated aftermarket/junk yards… no reason I cant!

Basic parts are:
-8.8 axle 4.10 gears, full spool, rebuilt stock shafts.
-4L80E.
-LQ4 6.0L truck motor. ONLY addition will be injectors, fuel pump, cam, head & rod bolts.
-BW 76MM T6. downpipe with a cutout dumped out the front bumper, rest of the exhaust in stock V6 location, and QUIET probably reuse the stock muffler!
-EBAY intercooler!
-mini tub, slicks n skinnys.

Thats about it, until budget allows for more.

Parts on shelf waiting for the car:

ford 8.8 explorer axle (used) $100
Ford Racing 4.10 R&P gears $185
Auburn full spool (used) $95
Rebuild kit $60
Stock short side axle 31spline (used) $50
Tial Knock off 44MM WG $80
Tial knock off 50MM BOV $90
BW 475 turbo $650
T6 flange, transition cone to 2.5" 304SS $50
2.5" 304 SS tubing msc bends $50
Running total: $1410

What I still need to acquire:

LQ4 6.0L LSx complete W-harness $550
4L80E transmission $400
Converter $???
Trans Cooler $???
LS1 K-Member $100
Struts and springs $???
Custom drive shaft $350-450 or go cheap and reuse stock aluminum shaft
ECU $75
EFI Live lic. $100
Injectors $350
fuel pumps $150
Intercooler: $110
charge piping: $50
couplers and t-bolts: $50
oil lines for turbo: $40
radiator: $140
MSC hoses $???
LS1 steering rack: $100
Gauges: Tach, speed, oil pressure, oil temp, coolant temp, boost, wide band. Some optional $???
Wheels & tires: $???
Seats and harnesses $???
DOM for cage $???
Shift kit for trans $???
steel for brackets, braces, sub frame connectors, etc $???
Scotch Guard for the passenger side seat, to keep clean from all the wet panties who ride in it… $priceless

Sofar already purchased + still needs (not counting the $??? items I may or may not need) $3975.

No replacement for displacement

ohhhh mike, you have an addiction…
i like

Ebay IC is garbage. Just do it with nitrous bro, you only need low 120’s to get into the 10’s

Don’t even bother cracking the LQ4 apart other than taking the pan/windage tray off for mods. While you’re in there you can put ARP rod bolts in, but other than that LEAVE THAT SHIT. Don’t need a cam to make 800whp.

Also would skip the 9" rear and run a junkyard 31 spline 8.8 and keep the LSD 3.73 combo that comes with the explorer rear. Just need to shorten the tubes, make mounts and get axles.

dont forget subframs and other susp mods, better gut the pig too!

I agree. Go with the 8.8" out of the ford exploders. They are cheaper and just as strong as the 9". You know what to do.

The turbo idea is definitely bad ass and I would love to see it, but you would have no problems shoving a 200 shot down the throat of that thing daily…with a stalled auto on sticky tires on a cammed lq4, there is no reason the thing shouldnt go beyond your goal.

Agreed, every project goes over budget, and turbo projects tend to go way over…nitrous is pretty straightforward.

I see no reason why he can’t stay within budget with a big turbo setup. You have to remember that he’s doing all the fabrication and I’m doing the tuning.

I agree.

but you gotta remember that a complete nitrous kit is cheaper then just the turbo.

he could get a brand new wet kit + a typhoon intake manifold with the nitrous bosses and make a nasty direct port setup for around a grand all said and done. You cant get near that on a turbo setup now many what.

I belive the turbos less than or right around $500.

$650

so many projectsssssss

THISSSS

No, thats just yours

On the cam, I was actually going to put (maybe) next to it, but then was like mehh. But you are right, its not needed its a want. Needs = budget, wants = later… so ill stick to that and skip the cam first.

I will price out the dif between the 8.8 and the 9" the 9 comes with better axles and equal length tubes… but if its too long, i have to cut it anyhow, so if the price is more for the 9 and axles, then just do the 8.8 with 2 short side axles like I have in the past. The traclock dif in the 8.8 is a good idea… free too.

I dont want to fuck with nitrous… i already have a turbo for it, just need some tubing, BOV/WG and an intercooler. I am addicted to boost!

:lol

If you know what you are doing a turbo project won’t blow way over budget.

lol…you can get an ebay t4 turbo for like 250. what system are you using to tune the car?

Stock PCM probably