Project 10Sec $4K 4thGen

As mentioned in a prior thread under the projects section, we are building a 1994 Camaro V6 5 speed, into a 10 second budget build car with a target investment of $4K in parts!

How do we plan on doin it? Short story is removing the V6 & 5 sped, and dropping in a LQ4 6.0L LSx, a 4L80E automatic and feeding it through a 76MM turbo.

Target goal is to make a legal 10 second pass with all safety equipment needed to pass tech at our local strip.

Parts ordered so far:

http://shift518.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=4550&stc=1&d=1324391926

Same car as mine lol… deff subbing to this build!!!

Turbo 400 is a direct bolt on to the LS series. Just need a spacer for flex plate. Converters would be a lot cheaper as well as the trans itself. TH400 doesn’t need a harness or PCM tuning either. Just a vacuum signal. Either one stock should hold up to a few 10 second passes. Unless of course you already have the 4L80E

Bought a 1999 GMC 2500, with 200K on the clock; LQ4, 4l80E, complete truck for $600. Scrap weight less those items should be around $300… so for $300 I have the motor, trans, ecu, harness, etc.

I have been saving all receipts for everything I bought so far… to prove the budget is or isn’t on track.

Hold off on the project, once you see what it takes from me doing this one, you might have a better idea of what path you want to take with your car. I want to prove or disprove a lot of “mystery google benchracing” theory’s behind these swaps. Should be a good experience.

It would be a direct drop-in either way, no spacer would be needed as this is the long crank snout LQ4. 4l80e was already mated to it along with the stock PCM and harness… and the entire truck :lol

COOL BEANS. I have EFILive for tuning purposes. Would cost $100 for a VIN license. Nevermind jdaniels probably has you covered.

LOL @ camaro build when we have several other projects not even half way done.

gunna be a cool build

you shouldve hooked up a massive shot of NOS to the v6 and blown that fucker to pieces

The V6 drive train is actually being swapped into an MG for a customer… Maybe the next time!

well thats kinda cool then. I remember in Votec in highschool one of the classes swapped a Nissan 300zx into some little shitbox english car like a Triumph or something.

Been a while, eh? It’s $125 now.

where are the god damn pics! don’t make me slap a bitch

cool pics chode smuggler

A few were snapped, but at 12:30AM we didnt feel like uploading them… keep your britches on, one is well worth the wait! LOL

No I will take my pants off as I damn well please!

Phuck inflation!

Since you can fabricate I imagine a ford 8.8" from an explorer with maybe a 3.73 or 3.42 gear and a 4 link would be a good bet. Take the spider gears out and weld the diff into a spool.

I was looking at that last night. the tqarm is already in the scrap pile. The truck 4l80 doent have provisions to easily mount the slip bushing for the arm, and its a shit setup anyways.

I already planed on making tubular control arms and pan-hard. I will make them and just add “mini-Ladders” to the stock rear end. Its only 2 more tabs to weld on, and weld the dif on that lil guy. When that blows I have a 8.8, narrowed from an explorer, 31 splines, auburn spool, 4.11’s and a rebuild kit on the shelf.

We are on the same page as you my friend!!!