Merry Christmas Me v.Subaru Built Motors

So after evaluating all my options I have finally came to my decision as to what will spin my 35r this year (and hopefully the next few, fingers crossed)

I really wanted to just build the ej25 that I already have but my long term goal has a 42r or 45r in it so I have to account for the motor I will need for that. This is what that orignal motor I have will go to.

As for the new motor, I really based my decision on a lot of positive (and lack of negative) word of mouth around nasioc and iwsti. I even opposed the most valuable word I feel that I know to go with this shortblock, but I feel it will pan out (if done right).

Here she is: http://axispowerracing.net/stage3motor.html

I really wanted to go with the cosworth but I fell a thousand bucks short and I feel this will serve my purpose fine.

Only few decisions I have left is what to do with the head and what to do about labor.

Im probably purchasing friday!

WORD

thats hot, you’re going to be running this in an sti or a wrx?

Eshteeeye

I hope you’re not doing the work yourself.

nice :tup:

innovative is probably the place for you. does mike put engines together over there?

[quote=“newman,post:5,topic:40149"”]

I hope you’re not doing the work yourself.

[/quote]

I may have to, but this time with a knowledgeable hand with a lot of wrench time experience. (insert student excuse here) Last “project” I took went down because of a careless mistake, under the hands of people who I understood may not be able to do the job right, but I had to, for financial reasons. Nothing against them, they worked thier asses off and did what I have heard to be called, “the toughest bolt on mod you can do to a subaru.” But im a year older now and I think I have the right person to do the job right.

[quote=“turbo ls1 ss,post:6,topic:40149"”]

nice :tup:

innovative is probably the place for you. does mike put engines together over there?

[/quote]

I talked to mike and he does. We shall see what my tax returns dish out, If its enough, I would love to shell out the cash to get it done perfect;)

[quote=“MOBOOST4U,post:7,topic:40149"”]

I may have to, but this time with a knowledgeable hand with a lot of wrench time experience. (insert student excuse here) Last “project” I took went down because of a careless mistake, under the hands of people who I understood may not be able to do the job right, but I had to, for financial reasons. Nothing against them, they worked thier asses off and did what I have heard to be called, “the toughest bolt on mod you can do to a subaru.” But im a year older now and I think I have the right person to do the job right.

I talked to mike and he does. We shall see what my tax returns dish out, If its enough, I would love to shell out the cash to get it done perfect:wink:

[/quote]

Word of advice. Do it right the first time or don’t do it at all.

soooo, whats so hard about it?

so what is the goal here? what is this car being built up for?

"honestly, there’s one band out there that non-emos really rag on, and it’s undeserved. first off, they’re amazing musician sand lyricists and, secondly, they’re just all-around great guys (we opened for them three times, and proceeded to afterparty, so i know what i’m talking about!).

they are…my chemical romance! f***, they’re so amazing. i can’t believe people gave me poop for going to the mcr + muse show to see mcr. they’re SO MUCH BETTER than muse! honestly, people just don’t see it…

years from now gerard and mcr’s black parade will be hailed similar to dark side of the moon."

:bloated:

http://smiliesftw.com/x/bowrofl.gifhttp://smiliesftw.com/x/bowrofl.gifhttp://smiliesftw.com/x/bowrofl.gifhttp://smiliesftw.com/x/bowrofl.gif

[quote=“theblue,post:10,topic:40149"”]

so what is the goal here? what is this car being built up for?

[/quote]

Its kinda this ongoing project in my head. I never want to sell the car. Just keep building it more and more. If there is anything I can replace, I want to as money comes my way (which I hope will be a lot more as soon as I am out of school but I do ok for myself for now lol). I set myself little short term yearly goals I would like to reach with the car (this year its just running a reliable 26 psi, maybe a 50 shot to help with lag, and hit low 11’s. Next year (2009) if all goes to plans it will be suspension and stopping, maybe with a side of body, but that is all too far away in the future for me to tell.

I feel, just like any subaru owner, that the car is such a great base for any kind of motorsport you want to throw at it (even drifting lmao) and for that reason I just want to stick with it and pray someday, in the far future, it will be the most badass all around track car ever.

This year though, im just gonna try to stick with keeping it running lol.

[quote=“MOBOOST4U,post:12,topic:40149"”]

Its kinda this ongoing project in my head. I never want to sell the car.

[/quote]

trust me, eventually you will

[quote=“turbo ls1 ss,post:13,topic:40149"”]

trust me, eventually you will

[/quote]

QFT “sigh”

[quote=“MOBOOST4U,post:12,topic:40149"”]

Its kinda this ongoing project in my head. I never want to sell the car. Just keep building it more and more. If there is anything I can replace, I want to as money comes my way (which I hope will be a lot more as soon as I am out of school but I do ok for myself for now lol). I set myself little short term yearly goals I would like to reach with the car (this year its just running a reliable 26 psi, maybe a 50 shot to help with lag, and hit low 11’s. Next year (2009) if all goes to plans it will be suspension and stopping, maybe with a side of body, but that is all too far away in the future for me to tell.

I feel, just like any subaru owner, that the car is such a great base for any kind of motorsport you want to throw at it (even drifting lmao) and for that reason I just want to stick with it and pray someday, in the far future, it will be the most badass all around track car ever.

This year though, im just gonna try to stick with keeping it running lol.

[/quote]

stupid question… but after you spend all this money making the car have a lot HP will you then have the cash to use it? I constantly see people on forums dump money in to power then sit around at car shows all summer because they can’t afford to track the car. Wouldn’t you rather use the car a little? also the added power will eat more tires and brakes and be a lot less reliable meaning that the cost to run the car for anything more then street driving will go WAY up.

just trying to help… because trust me… while you’re posting on forums next summer about all your HP… I’ll be at the glen, dunnville, etc driving which I can promise you is a lot more fun.

[quote=“theblue,post:15,topic:40149"”]

stupid question… but after you spend all this money making the car have a lot HP will you then have the cash to use it? I constantly see people on forums dump money in to power then sit around at car shows all summer because they can’t afford to track the car. Wouldn’t you rather use the car a little? also the added power will eat more tires and brakes and be a lot less reliable meaning that the cost to run the car for anything more then street driving will go WAY up.

just trying to help… because trust me… while you’re posting on forums next summer about all your HP… I’ll be at the glen, dunnville, etc driving which I can promise you is a lot more fun.

[/quote]

Obviously a valid point, but yes I amleaving enough money aside for me to use the car. last year the STi only saw 4 weeks of road and during that time I made it to nyirp 3 times, Lanncaster once and almost to Dunville,but I cracked a ringland 2 days before. Believe me,driving the car is my first priority, thats why I said my main goal this year was keeping it running.

why not just build your existing engine?

[quote=“chino,post:17,topic:40149"”]

why not just build your existing engine?

[/quote]

Word. The stock engine can handle a bit of beating.

[quote=“MOBOOST4U”"]

I really wanted to just build the ej25 that I already have but my long term goal has a 42r or 45r in it so I have to account for the motor I will need for that. This is what that orignal motor I have will go to.

[/quote]

2nd paragraph.

so ultimately you want to be a young kid with a 80,000 dollar car that is barely streetable?

SWEET!