Budget build. $4K = 10's

allgo50 has been rocking his stock 8.8 with just gears since he got the car like 8 years ago or more

So much wrong info on here . What about trq ARM mnts and shit ? No support for it . I went thru Apollo this easier and cheaper for a 9in and weld on gmt caps and use the pair of of1 brakes I have for ya

There’s no wrong info in here at all, he’s building all his own mounts so it doesn’t matter. Have you not seen anything he’s done in the past?

Yeah but its easier to buy some of the kits than to build it . Esp on the rear . Like I said I just went thru Apollo of this for mine

Currie makes a TA mount for the 8.8, obviously he’ll have to make his own perches etc. Theres a lot of people running mini 4-link setups with these rears too. I just think you can’t beat an 8.8 for the price. How much do you have into your 9" rear?

A grand . The mini ladder bar setup is horrible and very unstable that’s why its not under my car and why most all manufacteres don’t sell em

Yea I think he will be somewhere in the $200-300 range when he’s done, it’s all about doing shit on the cheap and fabricating what doesn’t exist. As far as the mini 4 link setups I have no experience with them. Several people on LS1tech run them and have commented on how superior they are to a TA setup. We’ll see when it comes time, mikey is no joke when it comes to suspension fab.

I’m not sayin he isn’t hell I’m having him fab me a better trq ARM . The mini link is good on take off butt corners and braking are horrible and can and will make yaose it

That and nooooo way is he goons be that cheap on it lolol axles are gonna be 400 for it seeing as pinion center is way off between stock and any other rear . Go ahead and look the driveshaft will be in the tunnel without centering

Shorten long side axle tube, run another stock short side axle (he already has them).

Ummmm no . Not everything is fixed by a trip to the junkyard man come on lol

He’s already done this twice by the way. LOL

I’m just telling you what works based on what people have done in the past.

You can have 2 out of three of these, but you won’t have the other-cheap, fast, and reliable. Choose wisely:rofl

Read the shit from people that have finished theresol . I do and not 1 has a stock axle in it and they alllll said after it all they saved a Fe dollars overbuyin a built unit lol

Not true at all, where do you think I got the idea from? There are plenty of S10 guys doing exactly what I said. The Explorer 8.8 should hold up just fine, and FYI axles aren’t $400, they are $200 from Moser. Already priced out custom axles for an 8.8 for a previous build. You have to remember he plans on leaving off of the foot brake here and the shifts aren’t going to be firm with that big boy converter.

Price point has very little to do with quality anymore, I’ve bought shit for $1000 that looks like SHIT and $100 shit that looks like gold. The money savings is really going to come from Mike’s ability to fabricate, doesn’t mean the end product is going to be shoddy.

Again I’m not saying it’s going to be shatterproof like a built 9" but this is a BUDGET BUILD. I am pretty sure it will hold, if it doesn’t who cares LOL he’ll just fix it anyway and move on.

s-10,s and fbodys are way diff man . trust me dude . i tried amillion diff scenarios and each one saved me only a few dollars in the end and a hellll of a lot less aggrivation . id just buy a 9in housing and measure allll my shit and be done wit it . that and he will be building my trq arm setup so he will know exactley what needs to happen and so on .

PSHHHHH… ill do this setup for 2500.00