Cage or no cage street car.

Yes? No?

i am putting a 10 point cage in the bimmer, but that’s because it’s flexy as fuck.

for me it would depend what i am putting in it.

I don’t know if its worth the hassle on the street with cops/insurance…it would save the hassle at the track…

Get booted from the track once first and then put in a cage.

it’s def a hassle with the cops. no doubt.

or do it now because the interior is out…and the light weight carpet etc is going in.

Car is only going to see weekened/track

unless you plan on racing it, and your times require a roll bar/cage. id say go for it, other wise its just dead weight

sorry to go OT but…why is this? why would cops give you shit for extra protection in the car as long as you have a legit inspection/registration on the car…?

No. Interferes with usability and may detract from safety unless you drive around in a 5-point harness with a helmet.

mike from innovative never got much crap from what i remember for driving his rally car on the street

same reason they like pulling over people with big wings…

90% of the time if your running around with a cage in your car im sure you don’t meet all the NYS requirements to pass inspection. Its also a lot harder to claim you were not racing.

My main issue was having a cage in a car and not wearing a helmet at all times…Figured in an accident you get bounced around and banging your head off a cross bar probbley not the best.

:word:

i felt like a noob for asking.

i would go with a cage

ps…they are skurred of my wing :slight_smile:

True…But I think cops get a different vibe from that opposed to a V8 car lol

if you wear your harnesses properly, I don’t think this is a massive concern…

so put padding around the bars. Atleast in the areas your head might hit

my parents are really pushing me to get a cage. id say just make sure u use alot of padding and if the cops give u a hard time tell them u like to be safe not dead.

what times do you plan on turning?