choosing a motherboard on newegg. Processor Type???

Ok, so is this just an error on neweggs part? Or are there really that many variations of processors out there for this socket type?

if you go to this link http://www.newegg.com/Product/ProductList.aspx?Submit=ENE&N=2010200280+1070509908&name=LGA+775

and look over the the left, it says “CPU TYPE” and lists about 13 different combos.

(FYI, I just did a basic search for an Intel mother board with the LGA775 socket).

I assume that they should all work with a Q6600 processor as it uses the same socket, but I’d like to be sure before ordering one.

if you want to see what todays overclockers recommend, I’d check out ocforums.com. They are quite knowledgeable on what to buy :slight_smile:

I just ended up getting a Core2 Duo e6750 for around $200 for a processor
And I used a very recommended IP35-Pro motherboard :slight_smile:

You do not need the pro version if you are using only one video card. for SLI, yes.

You definitely want to go with a P35 chipset tho for the Q6600, if that is what you are going with.

Again, check out the forums over at ocforums.com for more info, and research :slight_smile: Hell, today, I could be wrong. I purchased the stuff two weeks ago :stuck_out_tongue: They have a motherboard section with people just asking “What motherboard?”

awesome, thanks for the help man :tup:

PM me if you have a questions or whatnot that you want individual help with. Like, your exact needs/uses for the computer and what I recommend. Dual video cards, performance, etc etc.

Gigabyte boards have shown alot of good performance w/ the core 2 duos and quads. I hate all the hype about having dual video cards when it’s really not needed unless you are doing certain things.

dual video cards is 100% necessary to see crysis maxed out in dx10, and even the 8800 ultras have a hard time with it. Usually sli is pointless in the first couple months of the release of a new model. Usually one single new model (high end) card will max all games without a hitch. Towards the end of the year (like now) the cards struggle for a select few ground breaking games. 2 years ago it was oblivion. Last year it was…I dunno. This year its crysis. And im sure there will be one next year to make nvidias 9 series useless by a high end gamers standards.

But to stick to the thread, I had an EVGA NF68 680i A1 and got my e6600 to 3.6ghz stable. Best overclocking board ive ever owned.

The new ati cards are said to be better in crossfire. I doubt it’s proven yet, but I will keep my eyes. Peeled. I’m not going to lie… 2 8800GT’s sounds nice but thats alot of heat.

the question I always have with dual video is… “Is it really necessary to spend $350 extra dollars just to play the game on ultra graphics, when it looks very good with just one card? Is Ultra really necessary?”

No game to me, IMHO, is worth that much cash. If I can play it fine with the graphics down just a tad… fine by me.

well, honestly… 350 is what I spent on my 7800GS new (AGP) just over a year ago, so 500 for 2 cards that will be able to take advantage of all the bells and whistles for atleast a few years isn’t a bad buy.

it’s still cheaper running 2 8800gt’s than 1 8800gtx ultra

edit: plus the advantage of SLi is that you can run one card until you have the cash laying around to drop in another, plus after the holidays you’ll see prices drop I’m sure

One of the best Core 2 Duo Mobo, http://www.tigerdirect.com/applications/searchtools/item-details.asp?EdpNo=3089879&Sku=E145-2011&SRCCODE=YAHOODF&CMP=SPC-YAHOO