credit card debt...

lol. i haven’t lived at home in so long… i think i would last about a week…

rent isnt an issue…we live at the cockpit…

im more than aware of the situation.

I really could care less, i just wanted to say cockpit.

How so? a lotus isn’t exactly a huge pricetag compared to a bmw or other high performance cars.

And there are plenty of stis with upgraded turbos lately. who needs another one?..besides me but i can’t afford it.

The poll sucks. It needs option:

“Keep turbo kit, don’t buy anything else until debt free”.

Selling it for a 2k loss is dumb, almost as dumb as buying it when you had CC debt. But hey, mistake made, you obviously are starting to see the problem with debt, now do something about it. No sense pissing $2k down the drain to do it though.

So no more car part purchases until debt free. Then save the money up and buy the ECU, turbo the lotus, and make that your last “dumb” purchase until you own a house.

Or, if you really feel like being responsible, sell the lotus and the turbo kit. Take the money and buy a house right now, while we’re in a buyers market.

ahem…this is a shopping mall ONLY discount. plus newman would be smart enough to use the lighter (ask him)

i love when people say this - it usually means they know nothing about real estate…an average of a 2% return per year is not the best investment haha…most people that say its the best investment just say it because they heard some other person say it before and want to sound smart

and keep the turbo kit and buy the ems, like we were talking about, you said you may end up selling the sti in a few yrs anyways to put money elsewhere, why go crazy with it. from a roll i would think the lotus would be as fast as the sti+fp green.

:biglaugh:

Ok, Do you want the real voice of responsibility?
I know where you work and what you do.
You make enough money to buy a house.
Sell your toys and put a big downpayment on your own Ritz.
Home equity loans and tax right-offs will take you to the next level of play.:slight_smile:
Once you have a mortage banks will give you anything you want because it shows you are a responsible citizen.:biglaugh:

There, you asked for it and you got it.:biglaugh:

no, im saying it because unlike other investments, it is almost garunteed to have some sort of nominal gain over the course of its run. especially if you can rent it out, and pay pretty much nothing for it.

owning a house, earning equity and not paying for it > *

especially if you have the capital, to invest and build your real estate portfolio.

Time out dude.
I am 30-something you bastard!:slight_smile:
Also keep in mind I paid cash for everything including the car AND I got three years of use out of it.
If you spend that much on other cars you would see that depreciation anyway.
Most importantly, I have had ZERO credit card debt in the past 20 years!!!
I could go deeper into my financial situation but that is not going to happen on here.:wink:

it’s all about cap. rate (if you can rent something out).

buy a duplex, rent half of it, live in the other half. pref. a fixer-uper if you know anything about GCing a job and don’t mind sweat-equity and living in a construction site for 6mos+

not that I’d know anything abou that lately :frowning:

yea and meanwhile becoming a slave to tenants

sell the turbo kit

keep the turbo kit, pay off your debt, THEN get the EMS…thats my plan for spring as well. i want to have my CC debt gone by the time i move out in january, and this past month i got half way there. so i think im gonna make it. but then im taking my car to hybrind and spending another $600…D’OH!

Well, it’s an easy and truthful statement to anyone who doesn’t own a house.

1. Build equity instead of flushing rent down the drain.
  2. Tax writeoff
  3. Home equity loans
  4. Better rates on other loans (because you’re a responsible howeowner).
  5. If you buy right, housing values seldom go down (mine has gone up 25k in four years with few improvements).

Lets compare to the other thing he’s thinking about investing in, a car.

1. Lotus is rare, so if you buy it and store it the depreciation won’t be as bad as a normal car.
  2. He drives it, and is talking about modding it, and it’s newman so you know it gets driven, so #1 goes right out the window.

i am all about buying the house…i will glady keep my maxima and so little things to it and own my own home than being in credit card debt again…been there done that…dont want to again…IMO my house has been the greatest investement I have ever done…like Jay said few improvements can shoot the value up…thats y my basement will be finished within the next 2 years and I will finish the garage

PS Chuck Norris says to sell and pay-off debt…even of you dont buy a house

Parents bought for $45,000 in 1987. Sold it this year for $140,000. Only put around $20,000 into it. labor was free.

+1 Best idea in this thread.

For all the people that think houses are the best investment they are wrong

Education has a way better return then real estate