credit card debt...

My goal for the year is to be 100% credit card debt free by spring 07. I am not taking too much interest currently… but i am taking on a little… nothing crazy though…

I was out driving the lotus this weekend and i was having a blast. Hadn’t been on a backroads cruise in a long time… At any rate, I decided that I’d hang on to the lotus turbo kit and suck it up and get the hydra EMS so i can actually get this shit rolling…

I come in to work today and get an email from someone wanting to buy it for 4G.

That’s a 2000 dollar loss, for more or less nothing… But it will pretty much guarantee that i will acheive my goal for spring.

On the other hand, I can hang on to it, and drop another 2000 bucks i have saved (not on credit) on the hydra ECU and have the only turbo lotus in the area… should be mid 12s or better…

I was just starting to get stoked on having a fast car again… And then there is always option 3… sell the lotus kit and buy an FP green + supporting for the subaru and have that be mid 12s or better…

Option 2 & 3 both have a 75% chance that i will still achieve my credit card goal…

turbo lotus.

don’t take the $2000 loss. having a turbo’ed 12 second lotus, will be much cooler and better than having a 12 second subaru. Especially since it is your daily driver. Hold on to the $2000 you have saved up, continue to pay off the credit card bills, and over winter save another $2,000, turbo the lotus, and then still have that extra $2000 laying around…and take a vacation.

it winds up being a 6G swing almost any way i look at it.

keep it and spend the 2G on the ECU = 6 grand less i can use to pay off shit
sell it and use the 2G in the bank on the cards = 6G more used on CC
sell it and buy the stuff for the subaru… = probably about 5G less towards debt…

sigh. when i am going to learn to stop wasting money on cars…

LOL. Newman’s discount car shop… One Day Only!!! i buy it, get bored and pass the savings on to youuuuuuuuuuu…

doing the fp green on the subaru would make it fast and all. but i think that the turbo lotus would be even cooler.

i sure wouldnt wanna take a 2g loss on a turbo kit tho

having the only turbo lotus in the area would be pretty nice it think. And you know that if you didn’t you’d kick yourself later for not playing with it and seeing that the lotus could really do.

Soooo. i say turbo the lotus, and save up some cash over the winter to pay ur bills off by spring. then next summer, mod the elise even more and keep the STi as a DD

EDIT - also learn to stop using credit cards unless you absolutely need to :stuck_out_tongue:

come on AWDrifter, i know you’re reading this…

i need a voice of responsibility… I was sure that everyone would just tell me to pay off my credit cards and be done with it…

“keep it and spend the 2G on the ECU = 6 grand less i can use to pay off shit”

true, but technically you would end up with nothing in the end…except being debt free. And thats just retardily unselfish.

Don’t be this guy -----> “hay bois, i’ve got two slow ass cars…but atleast they look good. Oh, and I’m debt free”

yeah… but when i think daily about how nice it would be to have my own house… i think i could cope with being that guy…

you want advice from the 40-something year old guy who sold his highly modded evo for a $15,000+ loss? :lol:

then sell the lotus, buy a house.

sell it. house > car as much as I love cars and keep spending money on 'em…

Can i get a bigger discout if i show up in a wheel chair?

if your driving a fucking lotus you shouldn’t have credit card debt.

not knowing a whole lot about ur finances i can say this

ur an engineer. or at least pretend to be one

u prolly make a good salary considering all ur cars and other useless shit

financially, your best option would probably be to get ur own house. better yet, buy a house and rent the other rooms to some of ur buddies. that helps pay the bills, and u will have ur own place and not ahve to worry about dickhead landlords and shit.

but i still am holding my vote for boosted lotus

debt blows, do whatever it takes to get out

real estate is the best investment… by far.

but, you also have to realize that you are young and have a good job. Do stupid shit while you still can.

Perhaps… but i can’t put a great deal of stock in people who can’t even spell correctly…

:word:

fuck it. move back home, and turbo both the lotus and FPGreen the subaru.