Details emerge on next-gen VW GTI, harder-edged GTI-R

The recently unveiled VW Golf / Rabbit MkVI will form the basis for the next GTI as well, but we already knew that. What is news is that the GTI car will get a version of the revised 2.0-liter TFSI engine, good for 211 horsepower andd 258lb-ft of torque, which represents improvements of 11hp and 51lb-ft. The latest iteration of the evergreen hot hatch is likely to arrive in European showrooms by the spring of next year, with a U.S. release expected near that time as well.

A concept version of the car could make a car show debut by October, however, says Autocar. To complement the added power offered up by the new engine, VW will improve the car’s steering feel and accuracy and handling performance.
On the outside, the car will get Audi-like LED daytime running lights, and new front and rear fascias along with unique head and taillights to differentiate it from lesser Golfs / Rabbits. The wheels will also grow an inch in diameter, with the base GTI rolling on 18-inchers and 19s offered as options.
Under the hood, the new global EA888 engine will sport changes that will make servicing faster and therefore less expensive for owners, thanks to easier access to the turbo and oil cooler. The power boost is largely owed to a variable valve lift system developed by Audi.
The all-wheel drive R32 model will be discontinued, and replaced by an AWD GTI-R with the same turbo motor from the Audi TT-S, making 265 horsepower.

Original article can be found here:http://www.leftlanenews.com/details-emerge-on-next-gen-vw-gti-harder-edged-gti-r.html

sounds slow.

sounds heavy.

sounds gay

affirmative!

affirmative!!

affirmative!!!

Sounds like a winner for VW.:lol:

They want it to sound more like GTR.:mamoru:

VWs suck…you suck for posting about VWs…

Maybe you should find a tampon forum to talk about VWs.

:lol: Way to run the train…

Sounds like it’ll have a really nice interior. :tup:

not like it matters… owning a vw still wont get you laid!

Meh. Car’s in general don’t get you laid.

What would you know about cars???

Do drive your SUV into a mud puddle…

What if you don’t have a personality? Is there still hope for me?!

I think you got laid enough on the navy boats.

no.

Stop hating don. Just cuz this one has 11 more HP you’re jealous… and I’m sure the price tag will be 35k+ w/all options this go around :slight_smile:

so, you’re saying that cars get you laid?

I am willing to bet it does happen…

You just need to find the right group of sluts…

I should have quoted Jay as that was who this was directed to, in reference to the comment on having no personality and hope for him getting laid :purextc::purextc::purextc::purextc::purextc: :purextc: :purextc: oh hey look a sunday night ride through buffalo.

I’m dying at the Sounds slow, heavy, gay replies:bowrofl::bowrofl::bowrofl::bowrofl:

Damn, so theres no hope?