Do Any Roller Hockey Leagues Around Here ...

have offsides? We just finished up our session at Milsher and are looking for a new place to play. The team I plan on isn’t made up of the greatest of players and everyone is sick of loosing to teams that just hang 1 or 2 guys next to our net (when the puck is in their zone) just because they can. If not, I’ll just stick to playing pick up ice hockey a few times a week until I find a bar league to play in.

ive played pretty much everywhere adn tehre is no offides…

why do you LET them goal hang… stick somebody on D back there… problem solved

x2, play some defense.

I do play defense, offense, and sometimes goalie if it’s needed. Like I said, I don’t play with the best of players. With offsides the guys should at least be able to keep up with the other teams.

if your team is really that challenged when it comes to skating, leave one of them in the other zone and just clear it down to them and hope for the best :stuck_out_tongue:

edit altho milsher is a pretty small rink to begin with

imo milsher SUCKS. The tiles move under your feet, there is always a puddle in the one corner, and its usually outside temperature in the winter.

Anyway, I dont think there are any leagues that use offsides.

i dont understand why milsher floor hockey has offsides but roller doesnt…go figure

dude, where could you possibly fit offsides at milsher, that place is smaller than my deck

seriously, you could have all four of your players in the offensive zone and still play effective d that place is so small…

:word:

yeah it does suck. we had a game just the other week when it was 60 out and the ground under the tiles melted and made everything super slippery and they still played the games. you couldn’t skate more than 1/3 of a stride without loosing your footing after that and turning was def not an option without falling.

I just need to find a new place to play and get rid of half my team lol

if they have 1 or 2 guys by ur net, you should be owning these guys. pretty much like a powerplay for you. i play and i know what its like and unless you guys dont know what you’re doing, you shouldnt be losing many games (unless the other teams have better players).

mineral springs roller hockey has offsides

i totally forgot about that. I haven’t played there in years! from what I remember though, it’s tiny, but I guess that’s the trade off.

yea its not the biggest, but not too bad either

yea but they use a ball tho :tdown:

the league I played on yrs ago had offsides for roller hockey at milsher. They just had a floating blue line.

I don’t see how any of you guys do this crap

why do you say something like this in like every roller hockey thread? who cares if people play roller. i play roller and ice. plus ice hockey is really expensive for some people you know.

have you ever even played roller hockey? or do u just like shitting on it every chance you get

yea i play both, while i do agree that ice is better, that doesn’t mean roller isn’t fun either.