Drive a shit box and your a target.

I drive to albany and back to Ft Johnson everyday for work, so I rock out a POS everyday as not to put miles on my Saab 93, and my jetta big turbo build isnt done yet.

This is the car I drive…

LOL first day i got it!

Anyway. I bought it with a busted ass front end, ducttaped headlights and what was left of a front bumper. Oh and the pass side mirror was taped on to. I drilled 2 3/8" bolts throught the mirror and door to bolt the mirror on, so I fixed that. It leaks oil from the valve cover a bit, well alot… but no biggie. And I hit a stump 4x4’ing around my yard so have bit of a hole in the exhaust… but it isnt retardedly loud but is louder than stock. The kid had it before me but the stupid bandito sun stripe on the windshield, and i was too lazy to peel it off. The rear windows are tinted but the fronts are not.

I have it inspected, but fucking NYS cant afford glue, so it flew off and out the window. so I stuffed the recipt of passing into the windshield.

The front plate fell off, and I drove back and found it, so I threw it in the window. My drivers side mirror fell off on the thruway, but the power (yeah shits got power mirrors) wire held it on. so I just threw it on the back seat.

I dont intend on putting money in this car.

sofar i have 2 front plate tickets, no drivers side mirror, ticket for the sun stripe on the windshield being more than 6 inches, loud exhaust and got out of a speeding ticket because I told him no way was I doing 76 becasue it shakes the wheel out of my hand at 70! lol he siad he may have hit another car near me… :wierd All these were given, and I fixed/***-rigged them, and got the tickets dismissed. But I have been pulled over contantly and let go with no tickets.

Yesterday was the breaking point for me. My car is legit, nothing illegal about it. I passed a cop, and he followed me for 7 miles! then passed another cop the other way, and he turned around. finally a thrid with his lights going, heading towards me aproaches. I, like everyone else on the road move over to let them by. except this fucker comes straight at me! then the other 2 come up behind and pull behind me! I shit bricks!

long story short, the first cop that saw me must have seen the inspection sticker missing, maybe. he comes to the window, hand on gun, and asks me if I failed my inspection. I kindly say, no New York cant buy glue that sticks, and I am not paying more money for another sticker… thats the pass recipt. Then the other cop come up and poke his heads in my car. I ask them what the are they are doing, they have no reason to search my car, they can look in the windows but not stick his head in the window! One cop asked me if I left the scene of the accident, I ask him what accident? he said the front end looks like it was in an accident.

at this point I lost it. I have dealt with this shit for the last 6 months.

I explained that it is my POS daily and I drive to work in albany everyday and dont want to rack up miles on my good cars. I said do I look like a scumbag, or a drug dealer… I know there is nothing wrong with my car legally, that I think you are harrassing me becasue my car looks like shit and you were hopeing you hit the gold mine and can find shit on me. Do you want me to get the fuck out of the car so you can search it? Becasue as you can see I really dont give a fuck if you rip it apart, you will find nothing but a harrassment charge when I drive back to your station when your done with me. It is rush hour in my home town, if I get out of the car your going to make me look like a fucking criminal and will find NOTHING… and not even give me a traffic ticket, how will that look when I complain about your actions??? They just kept lookin in my car, and gave me some bullshit that I fit the discription of a car they were looking for. (I guarrentee my POS doesnt look ANYTHING like another car in the area, its covered in stickers and has a busted ass front end) I replied, Thanks for the information I will be sure to ask the office to show me the “busted up cougar” with a white male driving it, and see what they can prove to me that you are actually looking for a car like mine. I told him, I had enough and if they dont have anything further I have dinner waiting for me! lol One cop drove off while I blew up on them. One of the said I better watch my mouth! I said I am 26 years old, and know what I can and cant say to someone. I havent threatend any of you with harm, and I even gave you the OK to take me out of the car ans search it. What do you want me to do??? I was told that an attitude like that is going to get you in trouble some day, get home and dont let me pull you over again. I said thanks for your time, but I am not going home, I am going 2 blocks down and I am stopping at YOUR district attornys home and will see if I need to go file harrasment charges against you. Good day.

So last night, I bolted on my old Jetta bumper, and I am going to paint on the hood tonight “Dont judge me by the car I drive” in big ass letters.

RANT OVER.:vlad

so all that talk and you didn’t file for harassment?

Nippy allegory, kinsperson.

:rofl:rofl +rep

:ponder

Nah i dint file anything, I am all talk and no game. lol… i shrug alot of crap off but sometimes I just like to vent. lol

Then at least ask him for his badge number and the name of his ranking officer. He’ll think you’re gonna call and file the complaint directly with his boss.

That thing is a fukin tank

sucks getting harassed and I understand the vent and slack is right.Always get a badge number.

Fuck yeah. you saw the Jem! I gota get a pic with the Reiger VW Jetta bumper on the front. I also tig welded on some threaded rod for hood pins casue the latch broke too! lol

Yeah I should have done that… shitty… ohh well next time i will!

weld spikes on it while your at it!

sooner or later im going to do the same shit, i hate being fitting the profile of a young teen in a sports car, most of the time when i get pulled over im not doing anything wrong

that pic makes me laugh soo hard

All I got out of that was, you got pulled over for not having an inspection ticket, got mad because you kept getting pulled over for completely valid reasons, i.e front plate, window banner, and for some reason thought you could get away with not having an inspection sticker then got mad at the cops for doing their jobs and made their day even worse because of your POS car…nice

no b/c cops like to harass people for no reason, he said 3 cops pulled him over for what no front plate :gtfogtfo…you know sure s shit it doesn’t take 3 cops to pull someone over and give them a ticket for no front plate…period…and as for the inspection sticker/registration sticker there is a recall on them shits i think pjb and 94gt5.0 were talkin about it in another thread…

dont like it, fix your car…and your “case” wont go anywhere for this type of harassment either…

Maybe I wasnt clear. I did get pulled over for the shit that broke and I was too lazy to fix, Front plate, Windshield banner and mirror. I fixed them and got them dismissed without problem. Many times prior to (before the plate and mirror fell off) and after I got the ticket/fixed the problem, I got pulled over and let go becasue I looked shady. So I wasted many hours of my time on the side of the road, looking like a criminal/scumbag for nothing.

This last time, I was fucking boxed in by three cops, and the first thing the cop asked me was did I fail the inspection, to which I replied no the sticker fell off that is the recipt showing I passed. So with this informaiton, I rightfully assumed, the first cop saw me pass by in the bomber without an inspection sticker and radio’d ahead to two more inthe area.

I understand it is their job, but to waste 3 cops time, for 35 minutes a piece, (1.5 man hours) with me and my “ohh I thought you didnt have an inspection” is retarded. They assumed I was a thug or had guns or some shit and, “played it safe” by calling backup PRIOR to confronting me!

I did, I have yet to pay for a ticket I recieved in this car, all were fixed and dismissed. The car wont see a dime of my money, other than putting the oil back in as it falls out! lol. I fixed the front bumper, by installing my old Jetta rfont bumper I had laying in the basement! lol, so not it looks mostly intact.

yeah, I though my case was kind of weak to file something on them, and it would really just waste more of my time, and mayeb even piss them off, and they will target me more… which would be further bullshit if that were to happen.

that was me last week…slapped with a speeding ticket when I was doing the speed limit…:Idiots

I get where you are coming from…but sometimes the cops need to relax. In my opinion, traffic laws should be in place to PROTECT people. Not to make money.

No front plate, window banner, etc. are just money-making laws. If they were really that ‘important’, every state would have federally mandated laws regarding these issues. They don’t. It’s all about $$$ and it pisses me off. An in the case of VVT’s Celica. Who cares if she has neon in her hood or whatever? Why should she be stopped for something like that or possibly ticketed for that? They try to say it distracts drivers. Really? You see a car go past you for maybe 4 or 5 seconds. If you can’t manage to focus on the road in that time, you shouldn’t be driving. Or how about those tinted license plate covers. What’s wrong with those? Pretty much nothing, yet they are illegal.

My dad just got pulled over on my moms car for 50% tint, which is light as hell, but since it’s not 70% (which is basically CLEAR), he got a ticket. The man is 60 years old. And white. And foreign. Pretty sure he doesn’t fit the profile of a person who may or may not commit a crime. He’s not 22, young, and from the hood.

Frankly, it’s a bunch of BS.

Thanks for the read K^3.

is that when I saw you blow it past my work? The cop was sitting right there when the light turned green and u were comin in the opposite direction and didn’t even need to slow Down for the light?

a. i dont know where you work. b. no it was last Thursday on 87 south just past the twin bridges and c. wtf are you TALKING about?!!?