Easing a sore throat V. home remedys

So ive got this sorta nasty sore throat. Basically I got a nasty headcold, and while i sleep at night, the shit draining down the back of my throat just sits there and inflames the fuck out of it. On the worst nights, ive been coughing up brown shit and blood from the back of my throat. Now, ive been taking Ibuprofen for the pain, and drinking a SHITLOAD of hot water (which seems to help) ive seriously drank like 13 mugs alone today.

Just wondering if anyone has anything else they think would help?

watch that video. it will make every sore throat feel like nothing

:rofl: the irony that was impresssed upon me at this very moment is astounding

Get your hands on some flonaze or however you spell it. And like, tea or something. I live with constant post-nasal drip, so I’ve tried a lot. Brush your teeth a lot and gargle with mouthwash and shit.

Jam has a sure fire solution, most definatly.

Either that or if you have nothing medical related, toss a lot of hot-sauces/random peppers in a pot of water. Boil with some noodles for firehydrant style fun. :slight_smile:

Vick’s vapor rub > *

two weeks ago i was feeling like shit with a cold. Lots of nasty flem and i would wake up every morning with a very bad sore throat. One night of using the vapor rub and i felt a lot better.

for me, Blue powerade works awesome

I’m actaully quite a fan of chili flavored ramen, with a lot of crushed red-peppers in it. It smells so vile. :slight_smile:

Dude, if you are coughing up blood then it can be Strep Throat. It is fucking CRITICAL that you get that looked at and antibiotics for it asap… assuming thats what it is. I wouldnt fuck with your health. Strep does permanent heart and body damage if not dealt with. Thats worth the $80 doctor visit all day long.

That aside…
“Buckleys” (Target)is the best for stopping the cough and the irritation that causes you to cough.

Get a “Vicks Inhaler”(Tops/anywhere)… use it. If you can get the drip to stop then your throat will get a chance to heal.

“Flonase” is awesome but I believe you need a script.

Mix a tablespoon of salt into a tall glass of water. Gargle with it often. The saline solution helps a lot. Its awesome for any open oral wounds and the throat.

+1 for Buckleys

blood = go to the doctor

Yeah caughing up brown shit and blood is a bad sign lol. Go to your dr asap. As far as helping it feel better, gargle with warm (not hot) salt water. Tastes like ass but it works good. Also lemon tea with a teaspoon of honey will help sooth your throat and help with the caughing.

For congestion I always do the fallowing:

LOTS of garlic!
Heat pad on the chest
hot shower, let the hot water run on your back for a while
A humidifyer is your friend! if you dont have one then boil some water to get some humidity in the air, this will help alot. You can also boil water then take it off the heat and put a towel over your head and breathe in the steam. This will help clear you up as well.

I have bad sinuses and in the fall/spring they go crazy.

:squint:

Well not as vile as you. :mamoru:

It’s a must if you have to suffer, make them suffer.

Jaegermaister, gin and warm milk in a mug, just sip it and your throat will feel fine

chicken noodle soup w/ hot sauce

If you’re coughing up blood, GET THE FUCK TO A DOCTOR!

:word: Good advice right there.

And yeah, Flonase requires a doctor’s prescription. It’s a steroid.

Any antihistamine will work to dry up your sinuses. I.E. Claritin or Benadryl. Personally, benadryl works better but the first few doses make me more tired than the first few doses of Claritin.

+2 for the Buckelys. stuff is the bomb diggity.

problem is that it seems it is not being kept in stock anymore. both Tops and Wegmans said they could special order it for me.

edit: i see target carries it from someones post above

Just so you guys know, the active ingredient in Buckley’s is Dextromethorphan. The same cough suppressent in any cough medicine with DM in the name. 2 teaspoons (10ml) of Robitussin DM gives you the same amount of DM.

Granted, Buckleys has some other non-medicinal ingredients that may make it work better and taste like rotten ass when you first swallow it (like camphor and menthol) but you can get the same drug in other cough medicines.

I’m not saying don’t use Buckley’s. (I myself have a bottle of it in my desk.) I’m just saying that you can get the same drug in lots of other medicines if need be.