I have mono!!! :(

It has been the most miserable 3 days of my life. Ive been laying in my bed but cannot fall asleep because of the pain in my throat and the hot flashes. I didnt know that there is no medicine you can take for mono!!! Does neone know of nething i can do to ease the pain in my throat at all?

it is single handedly the fault of the bush administration.

honestly though, it does suck. saps your energy. I had it when I was ~15.

A far as the sore throat, i just remember lots of OJ and tea with honey.

o man i love tea with honey im gonna have some now

haha… my xbox 360 marquee will forever be “don’t get mono!”

had that last year… literally almost died. Almost had to be put on an IV.
Spit out sooo many interesting things. I lived on gatorade and jello… i havnt touched either since last feb. couldnt swallow… constant spitting. Lots of DOA4.
mine was viral… guessing yours is too if the doc wouldnt put u on antibac…
they did however finally give me a shot of steroids in my ass… SAVED MY LIFE.
was already feeling better that night. Wait till u get the purple fluid comming from your throat… it’s single handedly the worst smell ever.
Eventually you wont be able to swallow anything… if they give u liquid IBUPROFIN or whatever… its practically fire in a bottle. avoid it.
Enjoy.

http://www.nyspeed.com/forums/showthread.php?t=7751&highlight=mono

im deffinitly spitting up alot, hurts to swallow but i have strep too. He told me going to the hospital and running an IV is only in very severe cases tho. You proly had the a very serious case.

Stay off the board, we don’t want to catch that shit.

lol drunk broads will do that to ya

I got it when I was in high school. The steroids saved me too. I had a hard time breathing until the shots. I was down for 3 weeks and it took a year to fully recover.

Haha last time i ever do nething like that

man that shit was rough. my tonsils were so swollen they were rubbing against each other when i talked and it made me gag. so i didnt talk for 2 weeks, couldnt eat solid food, and couldnt sleep cause it hurt so bad. theres pretty much nothing you can do to get rid of the pain, i tried a lot.

every time i swallow i cringe. But neway i think i might actually be able to fall asleep, i got some food down, the ac is on and im very tired so im gonna try to sleep now

man and I’m miserable when I have a cold. good thing I only ever kiss one person!

i got mono in cancun in highschool :frowning:

i got it easy tho. my neck was swolen but i never had any serious tiredness or anything. just be careful when you start feeling better. take it easy becuase your spleen is enlarged and risks bursting if you dont let it fully recover.

Ugh worst week of my life. I woke up one morning and out of nowhere my throat felt like i swallowed glass. Looked in the mirror and just like soopafly my tonsiles were touching too. It was the worst feeling. I actually went to the DR. who referred me to an ear nose throat guy who then sent me for blood tests. They put me on anti biotics and never actually told me i had mono. I went for a check up a year later and my dr. was looking at my chard and said “well last time i saw you, you had that mono.” I was like WTF?!??! No one told me i had mono!!

I’ve had it twice which is almost impossible. It was the worse feeling. I know your pain. Antibiotics make Mono worse…so they shouldn’t be giving you that. Steriods should help. My throat was so swollen I could hardly breathe. I thought I was going to die in my sleep. I would wake up chocking for air. They had to put a temporary breathing tube in my throat or else I would have had to been admitted to the ER. You just have to wait it out. don’t leave the house…just try and get as much sleep as possible. it takes a few months to fully get back to normal but the throat part should only last a week or so. Good luck and feel better. Oh and dont drink OJ…the acid doesn’t do your throat any good. Hot tea is best and water.

yeh i had it once in high school too, it blows i was out for over a month because of it.

I had it my 3rd semester in college. Sucked ass still attending class with a fever & the Meat head neck syndrome. not easy to take a week off of class in the middle of a semester.

the blood test did take like a month to get back. oh yeah… you had mono. thanks for playing.

it goes away… just stay hydrated like everyone says. . and dont get hit in the spleen. or youll die.

God, I had that shit for 4 months…prepare to sleep a lot and drop about 30 pounds :stuck_out_tongue:

a weight loss routine… knock on wood i never had mono

yeah I was in the hospital too…similar stuff. Def the worst time of my life :frowning:
steroids for the win in this case!