Attn: Doctors

I got up yesterday with a sore throat, today the back of my throat, and the roof of my mouth is dry and raw. And today after a 5 minute phone conversation i completely lost my voice, i cant even whisper. It is extremely painful to swallow (no jokes please). So all i’ve been drinking is milk, cause thats the only think that isnt painful. I’ve taken robitusin, and have been eating cough drops like candy. Other than that i feel fine.

I won’t be able to get to the doctor monday, i’ll be on assignment for work. A steel mill is shutting down for me to do my work, and i cant even speak right now.

Any quick remedies??

shot of whiskey?

i’ll try that a couple times.

stop sucking the wanker.

steel mill shutting down, which one?

well, it dulled the pain a bit, i still cant talk, but its a little easier to swallow (again no jokes please).

oh, and its Allegheny Ludlum Steel in Leechburg. They’re gonna shutdown 2 steel coating mill lines for me to test my Lockout Tagout procedures.

this is offtopic anything goes :boink

hahahaa do yins steel workers ever “work” a full shift :rofl:
bring up the fact truck drivers are getting impatient on waiting sheets and coils already made. :kiss:

i’m no steelworker.

Probably strep throat
You could try going to one of the clinics Eckerd has now. They staff nurse practioners and are typically open 7 days a week. No appointments necessary. If you have strep throat, it will be contagious for 24-48 hours if you take antibiotics or a few weeks if you don’t.
This is MagicalMarge posting under Dom’s name again.

:bigthumb: i thought that was a probability. thanks,

never had it, i was just wonderin if i should see someone, or just take it easy for awhile.,

then my rants are useless to you :slight_smile:

get better, have some NyQuil and some beer.

i still enjoy them.

Well, antibiotics prob won’t do much to make it better aside from making you less contagious.

Strep has dead give-away white spots on the back of your throat most of the time. In addition, a lot of that stuff is viral (if it isn’t strep, which is bacterial), in which case antibiotics don’t do squat.
Fullness in ears? Swollen glands? Fever?
Strep usually doesn’t have the other symptoms of cold with it, either. From what I can remember from school. I’d have to get out some books on it because I don’t deal with that stuff anymore.

EDIT: just saw link posted above. That about sums it from what I remember.

He said other than the sore throat he feels fine, which is what made me think strep. He didn’t mention swollen glands or anything. Anyway, best bet is to go see a doc or nurse practitioner and they will do a culture to test for it.

more whiskey

sounds like strep throat to me…

like chad said, more whiskey, and some antibiotics, youll be fine in the morning.

w00t!

Lory gets strep throat alot. call your doctors office, explain the symptoms and have him call you in a perscription. a “z pack” always works for her.

i get strep alot and my doctor gives me these pills that i take like 5 or 6 the first day and 1 less pill a day for 5 days and im usually fine.

so u think :bj:

tonsillitises but i had a fever :dunno: