Best cold medicine?

Uh, yeah. Im starting to feel like crap. No its not my sinuses. What have you guys used that works well. I want something that will annihilate this cold. :shoot:

Any suggestions? Sudafed? :tspry: Alka Seltzer i hear is good. dayquil/nyquil? crack? bacardi 151?

Help. I always grab whatever is laying around and its always some generic shit that doesnt seem to help :bloated:

same boat right now…i feel like poo

Yeah man, its goin around. Lots of people at my work are madd siq. I dont feel that bad yet, just trying to get something good before it gets worse. Im too freakin busy this week to be :cry: about a cold.

Dayquil or Tylenol cold and sinus…

or some alka seltzer…

feel better hun! :slight_smile:

nyquil, then follow it up with some hot tea with a shot of whiskey :slight_smile:

I haven’t been sick in a while :knocks on wood:, but the last medicine I used was Tylenol Severe Cold and Flu. They make it in day/night and in caplets or liquid.

What exactly are your symptoms? I’ve got about 5 years of pharmacy tech work under my belt and was a certified tech at CVS, so I’ll tell ya the best cocktail to mix for what ails ya. :tup:

Well, I’m bored waiting for a tech to finish a machine for me to test, so here’s a little cheat sheet (symptom followed by the active ingredient to look for followed by a typical brand name):

Hacking cough - Dextromethorphan - Buckleys, Robitussin DM
Productive/phlegmy cough - Guaifenesin - Robitussin
Stuffy nose - pseudoephedrine* - Sudafed
Runny Nose - diphenhydramine HCl - Benadryl
Sneezing - See runny nose
Headache, body aches - Ibuprofen, tylenol, aspirin
Sinus Headache - Headache meds + pseudoephedrine
Plugged ears/ear ache - pseudoephedrine - Sudafed

*Alternative is loratidine aka Claritin

If I’m all sorts of messed up and feeling like crap I’ll usually take a nice happy mixture of Robitussin DM and Advil Cold and Sinus, plus Claritin if I’m runny/sneezy. Toss in some Advil to take the edge off and away I go.

drink some tequila :rofl:

dayquil/nyquil FTW

and a shot of whisky always helped me.

IM LIKING THIS MEDICINE + DRINKING SUGGESTIONS. HOWMANY SHOTS OF WHISKEY OR TEQUILA DO YOUGUYS RECOMMEND? I WAS THINKING ABOUT 10 SHOULD DO THE TRICK.

NO BUT THANKS GANG, ILL TRY SOME DAYQUIL AND BOOZE.

OH AND MY CAPS LOCK BUTTON IS BROKE AT SCHOOL, SO GTFO :TUP: :smiley:

oh god caps how annoying.

do 1 shot of whisky and rub some on your gums. it does the trick.

hope u feel better.

nyquil makes me pass out

dayquil gets me buzzed

seriously, just start out with some dayquil. that shit is awesome :tup:

LOl. I’d kill to just have a cold.

I am home today. Yesterday I was working on the girlfriends Jeep, and took a break to let PB Blaster work at rusty bolts, and to eat dinner. Right after dinner, my stomach just went “WTF MATE” and i died. Puked 6 times, and feel like complete shit. THe sickness is pretty much gone now, but man, the day after is almost worse than the day of.

Guess that all explains why i felt a little off the past few days.

As for you… rocksome pseudophedrine, and a pain killer to dull your senses, and just rest it off as best as ya can.

Just so you all know, alcohol + acetaminophen = liver failure :tup:

(Not like chronic long term liver damage, like oops I overdid it once and now I’m on the transplant list.)

i posted a thread a while ago when i got a cold, i think around this time of year last year too…

Krupnik…it’s an old Polish trick…a honey liquor…just a few shots a day, and dont take them like shots…sip them and baby them slowly…it’s good stuff, and i’m not kidding at all, it works…i felt like shit for a few days, no cold medicine worked, the 2nd day after i started sipping this stuff, i felt great…

and obviously liquor is a good instant way to clear up sinuses regardless…

HMM, MAYBE ILL SKIP THE MEDICINE AND GO RIGHT FOR THE SAMUEL JACKSON BEER THEN.

:slight_smile:

THANKS AGAIN

lots of fluids. lots of fruit juices (they’re full of vitamin C). it’ll go away, and you won’t have that horrible “drugged up” feeling that is associated with cold medicines.

Capital N little y Big Fucking Q

NyQuil FTW

Krupnik chilled > *

awesome sipping or even for shots

Zicam/