Best cold medicine?

AIRBORNE!!! the best stuff ever… take as soon as you feel symptoms

just get really drunk…pass out, wake up, drink more, pass out… before you know it, you wont be sick any more.

Yeah definatly DO NOT drink if you take anything with acetominophen aka tylonal. honestly, Take some 24 hr non drowse sudafed, rub your chest with Vics Vapor rub, and drink hot tea with honey in it…Oh and eat ALOT of garlic. A good one is chicken broth with garlic powder in it.

http://www.buckleys.com/images/home_buckley_ad.gif

EDIT: Didn’t see Bikerfry’s comprehensive symptoms list. :tup:

hah violator PMd me to try that too :smiley: for the time being im giving some sudafed severe cold a try, see how that works, if it sucks then i will try this buckley’s shit.

thanks again :tup:

Dimetapp Gel caps
Always make me feel better and they seem to prevent my cold from progressing further.

Jeeze, you all act like there’s some sort of magic snake oil type of cold medicine. Dimetap is just pseudoephedrine, it’s a nasal decongestant. Sudafed severe cold is acetaminophen, dextromethorphan, and pseudoephedrine: pain reliever/fever reducer, cough suppressant, and nasal decongestant. Buckley’s is just dextromethorphan: a cough suppressant.

Just treat your symptoms. I.E. Buckleys will do you no good if you don’t have a cough and dimetap will do you no good if all you have is a cough. If you don’t like taking tons of pills, find one with the right combination of active ingredients to treat the symptoms you have.

Oh, and that Krupnick thing sounds interesting, as there may be some herbal-type benefit of what it’s made of, but I don’t want anybody thinking you can just drink away a cold. Alcohol weakens your immune system. (Not trying to preach, God knows I’ve convinced myself before that all I need is a little Grandpa’s cough medicine aka Jack when I’m sick. But deep down I know I’m just prolonging my cold.)

Feel better guys. :tup: Don’t be afraid to go to the doctor. All that over the counter meds do is treat symptoms. If you have something you need help kicking then you need a doctor to prescribe you an antibiotic to treat the cause.

All I know is for the longest time I would get a sore throat, then stuffy nose, then horrible ear aches. As soon as I get a sore throat I take some Dimetapp (as my doctor suggested) and I haven’t had an ear ache in 10 years at least.

i like alka seltzer.

ew.

OJ FTW!!!

and actually they say to take allergy medicine to attack a cold since tehre are like a million forms of the common cold