to the best of my knowledge you CAN put a turbo on an automatic,
im looking at eclipses and only seem to find RS’s which dont have turbos,
therefor they run at around 140hp,
curious however,
would it be that grueling to install a turbo? specifically on a 98 eclipse rs,
nothing fancy, no turbo the size of my head, just one for a little gain,

also, what are the cons of having a turbo,
remember however its automatic.

Can u turbo an automatic, indeed you can. A good number of GS-Ts are Auto.

You don’t want to turbo an RS, it will cost you more money to build the motor to handle any significant power than to just search for a GSX\GST eclipse. The RS and GS do not come with the 4g63 motor (which is boost friendly)

Can you boost the RS…technically you can boost anything, but the cost to performance ratio is something you have to look at too. You want a little gain, but after the money you may put forth for the car and the kit and possibly labor for the install, you can just find a nice GSX\GST which will be faster and possibly more luxurious (leather interior for example). Some of the guys on here have some for sale too :smiley:

yeah but i dont know manual transmission, if you know of any 98ish eclipses like that, that are auto, then hollyyy shit link me, haha

http://dsmtrader.com

There are tons of automatic GSX’s there.

yeah… all over the united states? kiiiiinda wanna buy a car NEAR me

Don’t do it… you’ll end up spending over $5000 easily and still be a 17 second car. Ask Carbonfiberhooded. He turbo’d his automatic esi and has said time and time again, that he shouldn’t have done it. Plus you can only run about 8lbs of boost safely on the stock 420A, unless you build the motor. Safe bet is to stay away and look for a GST or GSX.

i think you need to take a step back… how old are you?

learning manual will be WAY easier than doing what you’re planning.

f’real!

what kinda guy wants to turbo something and not know how to drive a manual? no excuse unless you have no left leg.

+1

Learn to drive stick. It’s not brain surgery and leads to a better driving experience.

/thread

BIIIIIIGGGGG waste of money. I had the slowest 50 trim powered car ever. I didn’t spend anywhere near $5000 but it still wasn’t worth it.

i boosted a automatic… oh wait i just killed tranny number 4. don’t do it.

soon as you start driving you’ll want to ditch the autotragic. its never worth it. automatics are only good for one thing… doin 180 hand brake pulls and tossin that bitch into reverse till the tranny blows up.

ill probably have myself trained in the way of manual by the time i want a second car, witch ill be able to afford next summer, unfortunatly im getting a car soon and it has to be…‘viewed’ by the rent/s before they let me buy me because theyre gunna pay for the whole thing upfront -minus- what i have saved, so i dont have to deal with the inflation the dealer puts on if i do payments to them, so i just pay them instead without inflation. but id have to know how to drive it =P

seriously??

ugh, i just worked 11 hours on 1 hour sleep. *which

i just turboed my 1997 420a eclipse and it was cake… the 2 hardest things to do were running the intercooler piping and tappin the oil lines and that wasnt even that bad … if u got any questions on how to do it or if u need a lil help hit me up…

Yeah this is’int 9 moths old or anything:wtf:

dude, it takes like 5 mins to learn to drive stick. find a friend with a manual trans winter beater, and a parking lot. then buy him a beer to return the favor.