Edit: 2008 NLL season is back on!!!Lets go K-hawks

This totally sucks. I have had season tickets for the Rochester knighthawks for years. Now what am I going to do during the crappy winter months to get out of the house???

amerks? :gotme:

i didnt know they cancelled the season though, thats ghey i havent been to a game since the timmy soudan days

Any reason why?

That really sucks. My wife and I have had season tickets to the Bandits for 3 years, and love it. We were just talking about how much fun it is yesterday… The Bandits actually sold out a couple games last year, and the 300’s had people in them every game.

more time to build up the car :gotme:

The players and owners could not reach a new contract agreement

My wife and I feel the same way. It was fun to go out without the kids once in a while. We look forward to going to the games with our friends each year.

its hockey season :slight_smile: plenty to do

I’ve been to exactly two lacrosse games, and never paid for a ticket.

Its a good time to go checkout, and there are some super diehard fans. I had no idea people were into lacrosse around here.

The game I was at, was against rochester, and there were a ton of rochester peeps there. Most of them were drunk off their ass, and the game had a general party atmosphere, pretty decent.

I bet the league goes the way of indoor football, and all that other BS they used to have at the auditorium.

OMG WHAT AM I GOING TO DO?!?!?!

wait, i don’t care because there is NHL AND NFL :smiley:

The NLL cancelled their season because of a labor dispute? Seriously? Don’t those guys earn like $20 a game or something? What did they want $35/game? Lacrosse is an interesting sport and all, but come on.

I’ve been a Bandits season ticket holder since 1992. This really does suck. They were basically asking for a 3% raise acrosse the board that would gradually grow as years went on. It worked out to about $5 per player per game. The highest paid players in the league are making roughly $25,000 for 16 games right now. This cancellation poses a huge problem for teams like San Jose and Arizona who werent exactly making a ton of money in the 1st place. I wouldnt be surprised to see 1 of those teams fold. If not the entire league. It also sucks for the new/old expansion Boston Blazers who were brought back into the league this yr.

Dude what the fuck im fucking pissed this can’t happen /rant

Seriously What Can We Do? ANYTHING ?

I’m not gonna just sit back and let this go lets lobby the troops

Also please redo the title for this as in “2008 Bandits and NLL season cancelled” or something to that effect so more people are attracted to the thread

There’s not much we can do. Boycott the league? Shit they already cancelled the season. The NLL and the PLPA are too blame. The PLPA turned down the NLL’s last offer before all the players even had a chance to vote on it. I hate the MLL but they did the right thing by not even involving the PLPA and they have had no contract issues as of yet.

the lacrosse players need to hire the UAW to represent them.

I would not be surprised if we lose more than one team or the whole league either. The knighthawks had a one year lease agreement with the BCA for this season. So if the BCA finds something better or the owners of the k hawks, who have money trouble anyways, decide to dump the team then Rochester is out.

I like going to the games because it is a fast paced sport, like hockey, with a short season and reasonable ticket prices. I really don’t have the time to go to all the hockey home games for either the NHL or the AHL. I like the Bills but tickets are pricey and it is a whole day event. The NLL just seems to have the right combination for a lot of people.

This is fucked up, but I’m probably saving more than a grand this winter by not being there…

Next yr will be interesting.

:word:

guess i’ll put the money towards my house instead. i was really really shocked when i saw the article. i thought the league as a whole was gradually picking up alot more interest. there were more and more people at the games last year than i have seen in the past 5. Plus the bandits had only one friday game this year which would have been great.

What are they going to book at Blue Cross thats going to be better… the circus or a wwe match…

The championship game last year or two years ago was so packed and full of so much energy… I really felt that the league was going to be here to stay… the game was even on espn2. I hope it works out.

Now in reality there is nothing stopping the NLL and the PLPA from talking this weekend and reinstating the season. It has happened before. But my guess is if it doesnt happen by mid November it won’t happen at all.