emission testing stuff

Canadian Tire wouldn’t want to be held liable for anything. If they get caught passing people under this “modified” class, and it can be proven otherwise, their ability to perform further tests is in jeopardy. And trust me, for a place like Canadian Tire, that’s essential.
They don’t make a killing off the tests - Gov’t set at $35. However, they’ll love to rape you for expensive repairs.

“Your car failed because of the catalytic converter and oxygen sensor. Luckily, we have both in-stock at $279 and $119 respectively. Shall we go ahead and install?”

I work for one of their “underling” companies - PartSource.

I plan on dropping a KA24DE into the 90’ Rusto project just to putt around this summer. I’m simply going to make a statement to the shop I’m bringing it to. Factory details specify SOHC and 12 valves. If they’d like to remove the valve cover and confirm that there are, in fact, 16valves a hoppin’ around with these two long chunks of metal called, “Camshafts”, turning them. That wasn’t a factory option in my model year and is will be considered a, “hot-rod” or “modified” for emission testing.

I then talked to my insurance - as long as I’m not going to “tub” the car, drag slicks, nitrous, etc, they don’t care. I even said, “Well, what if a turbo made it’s way on to the car. Just something small to help with passing power.”
She said, they wouldn’t need to classify it as modified as long as it wasn’t obviously built for drag racing. I plan on getting her to sign something on that.