Hot Rod Etest

Just need to ask some questions. I have a 240 with a RB20DET as many of you know, and I have my etest tomorrow. My question is, the place that’s doing my etest is a legitimate place and require a letter as proof that my RB is not the motor designated for my car. My question is where do I get this letter as I called Willowdale Nissan and they “don’t” know anything about this. Does anyone know a place that can write one for me?

dont call. the receptionist wont know shit about shit.

go to the service manager and ask him directly.

if not, try the next closest nissan

I hate to say it. And I’m not recommending it. But, you may just have to get a regular old “etest”.

Same thing happened to me and they just asked for a bill of sale.

You can also just easily show them the RB20 on the engine and tell them the engine is supposed to be a 2.4L.

Just show them any signs of 2.0L on the engine and you should be good.

Yeah only problem is my RB20 doesn’t say RB20 on the front cam cover. And the guy is a douche I already talked to him and he said he really didn’t want to do it unless I had a letter from Nissan. I also talked to the guys in the back of the shop at WN and they said they didn’t know shit about it. I want to take it to Canadian Tire but I can’t drive it right now as it’s on expired temp plates.

Also, I would go for a regular old etest but I only have a half cat so I highly doubt it would pass.

uhh

who needs to see 2 liter or rb20??

you can clearly see its an inline 6…

ask them what 240sx’s ever came with an inline 6. check a couple nissans tmrw. go in person. take the service manager out to see your car.

Ah you’re right Mike, I’ll just take the valve cover center piece off, hopefully it works. I just hope he’s not as much of an ass hole as he seems to be. Is there anyway that I can get a conditional pass as well or what needs to be done for me to get one?

you need to spent i think $450 on emission related repairs, done at a shop who does emission tests.

go to another place! that guy is stupid, on the Etest machine it gives options for the make of the car… they only option would be 2.4L 4cyl… and if he counts he’ll see that you have a 6cyl… best thing fine a Nissan that does Etest, OR an Etest place with has workers that have common sense!!.. if i lived closer to you i would take your car there myself and shut them up and make them do the test!!

I had the same situation with a local shop, i just took my business to Nissan and they did it without ANY questions.

I passed on non hot rod status the third time with an RB20. All legit, i needed a bit of additive. CAll me and I’ll give deets.

Hey Ronnie, thanks just gave you a buzz. And yeah I’ll see what the guy says about my etest. I want to take it somewhere else but it’s unplated and this place is just a 2 min drive away from my shop. You guys know any additives to help you pass etest?

meth

large wads of cash

uhm I thought different. Basically, you are supposed to bring your reciept of the engine to a Drive Clean Facility and they will varify it, give you a sheet of approval and I think they will do the testing for you. It costs money, of coarse.

or you just don’t say shit and get it tested.

end of story.

Yeah and if my car fails I’m even more fucked, I’m going to try to get a letter today.

If it fails…fix it. Get it tested again.

Don’t be so whiny. It’s an e-test. Your cad is modified. It’s gonna be a headache.

I didnt even take y car to nissan… just went in with my other car… said I had a RB in it… she printed off the form she has saved for such things and changed it from sr to rb…( she normally does hot rod papersfor sr’d 240s) and handed it to me… done deal… took 3 min… lol and n money