failed etest on sr, any advice?

Basics.

Stock redtop, boosted to 10psi, tuned on apexi fc. full exhaust and intake.

Results:

AT 40KM/HR ( result / limit)

HC PPM - 25/66 PASS!!!
CO% - 0.21/0.37 PASS!!!
NO PPM - 88/757 PASS!!!
RPM - 2782 PASS!!!
DILUTION - 14.90 PASS!!!

CURB IDLE
( result / limit)
HC PPM - 71/200 PASS!!!
CO% - 2.34/1 Fail!!!
RPM - 780 PASS!!!
DILUTION - 15.47 PASS!!!

So as you guys can see i only failed one thing, but i failed it hard. I drove the car real hard before the test, put in a stock s13 redtop computer, and retarded the timing as far as i could take it.

The things i plan on changing before the next test, were swapping the walbro back for a stock fuel pump, and possibly putting back on my old restrictive exhaust from the ka, that i know has a decent cat in it.

Any other suggestions guys?

how are ur plugs, co means bad combustion. air filter dirty? did you test it as a hotrod

No i didn’t test it as a hot rod. I just cleaned the air filter, it really wasn’t all that dirty. I’ll check the plugs, but the car runs super wicked, so i don’t know if its related to plugs. But i will check .

ud be surprised sometimes, check the gaping too. hot rod tests are much more leinient and it doesnt cost u any more to do

I’ve gone to several places to get tested as hot rod, and they don’t let me, they say i need a letter from nissan or mechanic verifying this is a 2.0L and not the original 2.4L, very stupid. Went to various mechanics i know and even some nissan dealers, and they all said no they can’t do it. The only way to get that certifcation is to register with ont govt as hot rod status, and that way i pay more insurance and blah blah blah, So i opted to test normal.

Even then, the car almost passed, i think with some minor changes i can get it to pass.

nah man, there lying. i called drive clean and all u need to do is prove it to the shop. i brought print outs from wikipedia on both engines and where they come from and the shop had no problems doin it. the shop is on rutherford if ur interested. i dont remember wat its called though “car guys garage” i think

yeah there is definitely no ‘registering it as a hot rod with ontario govt’ or anything like that

the hot rod status is PURELY for emission tests

there is no part of your ownership that says ‘hot rod’ lol

Get it hot rot tested or give him a bill under the table… lol

lol, yea problem is they all try to bs there way out of it. I can’t force a shop to test my car as hot rod status. They all keep saying, " if only it said 2.0L on it somewhere", so im like dude, look at the engine code and type it in google. Plus my motors twin can 16 valve now, original kae was sohc 12 valve.

But they still refuse to do it hot rod status. I’ve even gone to a shop that has very recently done another 240 as hot rod status with no proof. Even that shop said was like no man we can’t. If we get audited the government’ts gonna give us a fine and give you a fine. blah blah

Are you venting your bov to the atmosphere

yesur, but i’ve heard that effects your nox values, not co2, plus at idle, the car aint’ making any boost at all, so that shouldn’t matter.

Have you not tried taking it to one of the Ontario Drive Clean’s garages? If not than ask them to varify it has the SR swap than take it to the garage… or get them to google KADE and SR red top or w/e it is… or find the # for Revolutions Automotive as they work with Drive Clean in brampton and should be able to do it.

I did take it drive clean facility, they said they can’t verify it, they’d be taking my word for it. They said to go get my mechanic or nissan to write a letter of validation or some crap.

oh wow, usually its the other way around. Thats gay… but yeah dealerships are usually more stingy about this cause they dont wanna risk their job on such an iffy topic but I cant believe other mechanics are being complete douches about it. Business is business, why are they being bitches?

It was the difference between me passing and not, i would just aim for hotrod; it’s just finding the right shop.

Yea, i m gonna try a shop that has done hot rod before, if that doesn’t work, imma drop on my ka exhaust, put back in the ka fuel pump, drop some new spark plugs and rip the shit outta the car so its really hot. Hopefully that works.

so close man, id say get a newer o2 sensor and get rid off the high flow cat…

lol thats a lot of possibly unnecessary effort though, try the less laboured routes before you remove your engine again

lean idle, need to check your fueling subsystem and/or closed loop idle sensor suite, ( o2 sensor, Idle bypass valve )

do you mean i have a lean idle, or that i need a lean idle? O2 sensor i m thinking of replacing. And the pump i m putting back to stock for the test.

Anything else. Thanks.