Hot Rod Etest

But thats napanee lol

Go to a place called oil changers if you can, they never asked me any questions i just told them it was a different engine can you run it hot rod plz. and they asked how many liters and how many cyl. and did it. no proof of anything.

actually Kingston Nissan

when i used to work at canadian tire i used to do all the etest, i did run rb on hot rod and on a regular test, both passed, it all depands on ur setup, if ur motor is running right and is kinda stock yea no problem, if modified, use some meth and run the car in 3rd gear opposed to 2nd, i made so many guys pass this way, and yea u do need a cat,

The best way is to get the letter from the dealer. I know I can’t run it in hot rod status unless the letter of proof is there. And you can’t do the conditonal pass if you haven’t had the car etested in your name yet. If you just bought the car then you HAVE to have it pass legitimately, or do it in the hot rod status, and you can probly pass in hot rod without a cat.

i just tried to test my car today and the guy kept telling me it would fail
i have an sr with fmic, full 3" turbo back with a hi flow cat
he did a little test and the numbers were over 800, which is apparently really bad
would have failed even in hot rod mode as it needs to be less than 400
will have to try something else to get it to pass

Sorry to revive this but i’m having trouble now. Ive called 5 Nissan dealerships and they have NO CLUE what this letter of proof is about. I service manager even directed me to MTO to get the letter. Chris (stiky), how did you eventually pass the e-test?

Jeff, what “oil changers” did you go to?

hey man i used to do etest actually. on your cars vin under the hood will tell u what motor goes in the car. clearly a 4 cyl. then show him the 6 cyl under the hood. i would find some pics of the motors and show him clearly what is what dont be a dick cause most shops think there the best and know all. i would do a e-test at an ok tire dealership or active green and ross. some thing like that where the guys dont have there heads up there ass’s. tell the guy who does it to classify the car as a hot rod and you will be fine dude. hope this was helpfull

When i went to Ptbo Nissan they were like WTF? Just got one of the mechanics to say to the lady that its not the proper engine in there.

She had no idea what to write so i just told her to state that my car with the vin # and that it has an engine in it that was not offered in north America.

Printed it on Nissan letterhead, the mechanic then signed it, Done.

O and it was freeeee :slight_smile:

Just go in and talk to your dealer…

^^ exactly

you have to think like the dealer. they dont know what the fuck youre talking about. theres no “official letter” or standard operating procedure of any kind for this.

you just get the minimum you need from them. dont get them to write you a novel.

you just need a paper saying the engine in your car (with a vin # of xxxx) is not the original engine for that model for that year.

the end

I got a question, I know you guys been talking about RB20 would I also e-test as “hot rod” even though I have an SR20DET on?

I did it at the whitby nissan , no hassle. Not to far from you

any motor that doesnt belong in it classifies as a hot rod

shit then I have to e-test this as a “hot rod” then, any suggestion around Brampton area for e-test center/shop?

Any nissan dealership…

I can get it tested as a hot rod, no questions asked. And it’s a legit.

Hey Chris were did you go?

My friends shop, does hot rod etest, legitamately, my rb passed with a half cat

will he do mine?

I think I may test my RB with a straight pipe under hot rod.

Doubt it will pass. But fuck it. She runs really clean actually. yet, it is a straight pipe lol.