F1 tuning claims 30% hp increase, 40% tq increase, you believe it?

Soo, I’ve been researching how to get some more power out of my car before I proceed with a motor swap. Called AutoHaus in Burnt hills today as well as a couple other shops previously and they all claim that out of a simple $490 tune a 30% horsepower increase and a 40% torque increase. Just to give an idea of how rediculous of a power increase this is my car is 290hp and 320 I think ft lb tq. If this simple flash of my computer and tune does what its supposed to do that would put me at 377hp and 448 ft lb tq!! Thats freakind rediculous if you ask me?

What do you guys think about this, legit or not?

Regaurdless, I have an apointment for monday at Synapse to Dyno my car BEFORE the tune and then I’ll re-dyno it afterwards and see the results. Should be interesting.

Get the guarantee in writing and get logs after the tune. Do you have an intake, headers, or exhaust?

Stock everything exept straight pipe exhaust which probably wont change hp at all lol… Im gonna get the print out from BEFORE the tune and leave it on my front seat so they see what im doing lol… As long as I get a noticable increase however im fine with it, even if its only a 20% increase, thats still alot for the money.

I always thought the E39 ECUs were near impossible to crack and tune…

Well there claiming in 1 day to increase those numbers by 30 and 40% lol. In fact, the e39 540 is one of the cheaper cars to tune… If it works you should take your fathers e39 to get tuned.

F1 Witchcraft

Maybe im wrong, but doesnt one single genius figure out how to crack something and then they just sell the secret to just about everyone else for profit? So they are not really “cracking” the ecu rather using software that they bought from the single genius that DID.

30% HP increase sure, but for how long?

Yeah I’d be interested to see how much it actually gains…and how long it’s safe for.

I doubt it, really fucking highly. This all sounds like a disaster int he making, I want to believe it. I really do, but I doubt it highly.

They add deuterons and paladium into your gas tank when your not looking. Instant cold fusion… Game over in the HP department.

SOOOOOO SICKKKKKKKK

:rofl:rofl

I wouldn’t believe it in a second. Even if they say for sure however much “percent” I wouldn’t believe it at all. They prolly mean “up to” XX percent. Maybe if you’re getting the car dyno’d for a baseline at 2384769132456ft above sea level and it’s 23457* outside, and then you get it tuned in a place at sea level and 35*, it’d make that much of a difference.

i agree. if it did big gains this easily, everyone and i mean Everyone, ur mom dad and grandmother would do i this

sounds like a lot of BS to me. Interested to see the dyno results.

…As you can see F1 tuning is not a very well known name, maybe if this DOES work, word of mouth WILL make everyone and there grandmother do it. If im not mistaken Autohaus has just recently become an F1 tuning seller and as far as I know they are now the only local place besides staten Island who does it which is probably why not many have gotten there tunes. I will be the guinea pig this time and will let you guys know what happens and if the power increase from the tune is reliable or blows my shit up lol… If I truely do get a 30% horsepower increase and am able to continue to drive my car daily I would be surprised if other people DIDNT look into it. $490 is alot of money, but when you compare the claimed hp increase to that of a $1,500 exhaust or cams or even a couple hundred dollar intake that only increases 3hp if that, $490 is retarded cheap imo.

Why don’t you listen to me Love4boooooost?

if it works on your car id look into it to get my car tuned after cam intake and exhaust cause that would be a huuuuge power gain. but idk how well it is on american cars. its just like alot of ppl say in the car wotld which sucks. if its too good to be true, it prb isnt guna happen. lol o i kno im priob behind on posts but i thought ur motor already blew and u were ls swapping? or did you get it running again…sorry for a off subject question lol

Becuase im not stoned enough to believe what you said.