Steet Tune!?

Street tune? :lol What exactly is that?

Do you know what HP tuners is? “Canned” tunes suck balls. You tune it while driving and dial in the MAF readings, AFR’s, etc. Much better than a basic tune.

Yes I do. I just think the term is abused. I still have a hard time understanding people’s concept of tuning. Maybe Boxer can shed some light. :slight_smile:

Dial in MAF/AFR?

Why not just get it dyno-tuned? :lol

You could, but it’s not as good as a street tune.

WHAT. Who told you that?

LOL what? No. I gained 35-40whp over my street tune brah. Other fellow K20 swap owners have seen the same.

MERGED for new discussion. Don’t want to follow up the GM fanbois glory. :slight_smile:

Shawn: Move my post here from the other fail thread.

LOL WUT

Popcorn.

A street tune is nice because its much easier to dial in the car for “part throttle” (or everyday) driving. For good WOT tuning I would go with a dyno because it is much safer and easier. For a great tune IMO you really need both.

My car was tuned on the street with HP tuner software. Basically you plug it into your laptop and you can dial the car in how you want.

Why can you not part-throttle tune on a dyno?

what the hell is a steet tune??

Not sure about other cars but on the Cobalts the fueling always comes out a little different on the dyno. The most accurate AFR is always achieved on the street. Unless you guys daily drive your cars on the dyno. :nana A wideband is needed though.

Probably has something to do with tuning your car while driving it on the street. I could be wrong though.

lmao

I just wanted a street tune for mine because that’s where I do the majority of my driving, on the street. I don’t bring my car to 7200RPM every day nor do I take off from stoplights at 5000rpms. A street tune really allows you to dial in the car for the best drivability, while still maintaining a good tune in the higher RPMs. It’s the best of both, IMO. A lot of people who dyno-tuned their Cobalts for instance had to go and re-tune theirs on the street because the drivability sucked. They also had some of the most respected tuners tune their car as well. shrugs

The best is when people buy “canned” tunes that are awful and blow their cars up and wonder why. Their excuse is “well I had the car ‘tuned’ for it, so it should be safe!”

BULLSHIT. I will never trust a canned tune as far as you can throw it. And my laptop is pretty damn heavy so I can’t throw it very far. :lol

Street tunes are more JDM so all of you haters can FUCK OFF

/thread.

I’m not comprehending how the street tune makes the car un-drivable. :confused These Cobalt owners that got a dyno tune and re-tuned it on the street, fucked up the dyno tune probably and wasted the money they paid for the dyno tune. :nuts