dyno

List of dyno’s in western PA location and price would be nice. Also if a wideband is an option would come in handy. I recently got an SAFCII and want to tune it properly…

dohc call me 727-507-1865 or 724-898-2030 i have an lm-1 chillin at my feet and im pretty familar withthe safc. if anything go to slowboy or hybrid but you will pay an arm and a leg i can guaratee you that!

HYBRID dunno price… but I mean they tuned the car that won 1st place at Nopi Nationals for Highest HP for turbo 4’s ; )

70 for 2 pulls and like 150 for an hour

the way i see it is if you want a dyno queen tune on the dyno for afr’s if you want a street car/track car tune on the highway & roads. dynos dont calculate in air speed wind resistance and everything hell you can have a perfect tune for street and jump on the dyno and be rich as hell think ok i lost my tune. retune and be fine. start riding out and watch ur afr’s and be dangerously lean. seen it happen one to many times. i suggest if you want a true car log it and tune on street. if you want a dyno queeen tune on the dyno! ams’s evo is tuned on the street and is the fastest evo to date.

Tune on the street!!! OMG!!! I guess you found the secret to tuning! thanks no one on here I am sure knew to tune their car on the street!!!

seriously dude, get off your own nuts. what have you built? what have you tuned?

anyone that knows anything, tunes on the dyno to get everything set and get a good baseline… then tunes on the street, its common sense!

and for dohc: Speednation if they are in biz I think did some neons, and I am sure you could talk to Hybrid for a tune.

right. air speed and wind resistance play a major roll in tuning your afr’s. :sarcasm:

Grindpunk, you going to the neon meet on the 16th? maybe it could be done before the meet if not sooner. Also how does the LM1 work, remove a stock os sensor? or is it a tailpipe one?

:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

Grindpunk, you going to the neon meet at QSL? if so, maybe we could get my car done before the meet. Also how does the LM1 read AFR? is it a tailpipe probe or does it replace the aftercat O2?

NEWS FLASH: evo’s are all wheel drive. all wheel drive dyno’s are few and far between. maybe this guy didnt have the option to tune at a dyno.
i seriously doubt any professional racing outfit would pass up some dyno time if they could get it.

They actually do, especially on a turbocharged car. The big word here is LOAD (haha, i said load) Think about how much more air is passing over an intercooler when driving on the highway, and helping to cool the air. Also the intake temps from the ambient air will be cooler. A fan blowing on the intercooler/radiator while on the dyno is not much help.

THEN add in the big factor, which truely is wind resistance and loading of the engine from real world conditions (high speed wind resistance, hills, air temps, etc). A dyno cannot simulate load as much as the street, once those rollers start going, they get inertia and keep spinning. And on top of that, think of how much wind resistance plays a factor. You are sitting in the same place while MPH goes up on a dyno, with no air pressure pushing against you on the street, especially true in a high speed run. That resistant puts more load on the engine.

Most race teams tune on the dyno for a good start, but then at the track tune using logs from their engine management.

thank you z32 thank you very much. i understand a dyno is a good place to start if its freshly built and very off tune but you can do the same on a datalogger it will just take alot more time and effort. hell riven and i both tuned our friend mikes gt35r powered blue srt which is now driven by neondan. i have tuned my car just using the wideband alone. and in the process of doin a full built 325whp in my car should net me a very very close run to 11second. the way i see it is are you going to be driving on rollers all day or is your car a daily driver? hense why supras are called dyno queens. i have seen matt scrantons daily driver make over 1100whp on the dyno but couldnt do crap at the strip.

im not trying to be a dick whitey. hell i have nothing to prove i drive a neon. i dont mind admitting that. I DRIVE A NEON! but i do all the work on it myself.

we tune on the dyno first, then clean up a/f ratio’s on the street.

A Mustang enertia dyno does load the car properly as you mention. Super Chevy Magazine did an article a while back comparing the MD-250 that we have at work to the Dynojet at Stropes and the pavement at PRP. Our Mustang dyno was very close to producing the exact same numbers that they got during 1/4 mile testing.

BTW, we will be charging about $50 for three pulls when we get things up and running here shortly along with our typical rates:

$75 for 10 pulls or 40 minutes
$65 for 10 pulls or 40 minutes IF you bring 4 or more cars
$100 an hour and unlimited pull

Call us at Speednation in a few weeks at 412-443-5470.

The electrical inspection happens on Monday and then we have to finish the insulation and drywall before we move in the equipment.

n/m

need to read everything first

Only on a cheap dyno. A real dyno will allow you to load the car properly, ie. Dyno Dynamics and DynaPack, and get a great tune. I can hold my 800awhp car dead in its tracks at every load point in the map at WOT. When you use the right dyno, you can get a perfect tune without “street tuning.”

Talk to any road race team, like Porsche for instance. They tune every car on a DynaPack for hours, both for performance and endurance testing.

DynoJets are ok for base tuning, but suck for getting everything right, especially ignition timing.

Nate
SBR