F1 tuning claims 30% hp increase, 40% tq increase, you believe it?

word, I kinda thought bimmer 323 was bob aka 1bigmofo from autohaus trying to defend…something lol.

Whats the scoooop?

Money back or what?

they said there gonna call me tommorow. idc either way but if they dont I think there gonna loose alot more then $600 in business seeing how everyone on here is prolly not gonna show there knowing they dont stand by/warantee anything.

Here’s a fact about F1 Tuning’s site:

They say the horsepower gain for ALL BMW models from 1996-2003 are 23-37 horsepower at a price of $449.

It actually says 2337 horsepower, but I assume they forgot the “-” part.

Screen shot:
http://i143.photobucket.com/albums/r146/CosseyOwns/Other%20pics/SShot.jpg

would you be willing to give him a full refund?

nope wouldnt worry about.

occasionally when a turbocharged car hits peak torque after a sharp rise you can see a C like that, and it could be the same here. the dyno load overcomes the engine for a split second and forced the rpm to drop. it could be the same here, but the drop in torque would seem to indicate he let off the gas for a second right as the dyno loaded up. pure speculation, ive never even seen a dyno. :ninja

I’ve got a pp764’d tdi golf and rode in an f1 tuned 05 tdi Jetta wagon and pushed his doors in.

Greg showed us the dyno graphs… not too impressed. The midrange torque looks good, but I was shocked that the car was running richer than before.

I do not need to make a fake username to say something… If I have something to say, dont you worry I will say it. I dont know who the people are that created usernames and I did not encourage anyone to make a username.

With that being said:

Bring the car in and drop it off on Monday. We will remove the tune, return the car to stock and issue you a refund for your trouble when the car is finished. I am sorry you are not happy with the product.

I just purchased a couple NA BMW’s and I may do some F1 work / dyno testing to see how it works in comparison to you car. I wil keep everyone posted as I can.

-Rob

Will the car be done in a day this time or will I have to drop it off for a few days again?

…You should f1 that silver 540 youve got and compare results seeing how its the same car as mine.

It will be the same procedure to remove the F1 tune as when it was installed.

I will talk to the powers to be about tuning the 540I on Monday. Its an automatic however I think it will allow us a good comparison before and after just to see what happens.

I look forward to hearing from you in regards to when you are dopping it off.

-Rob

The point here is to expose a scam from F1, or let them prove it works. Aren’t we all sick of BS claims…love4Boost has the balls to spend the money and show before and after results/ and F1 either exagerates, like most expect, or should be given an opportunity to make good. This isnt an Auto Haus issue at all. Buyer knew claims were likely not going to be met… but this is a little rediculois.
I respect the buyer isnt falling for the 'ol trick of… you hush hush and we will make good. So often people are held hostage in hopes they dont lose their money… in this case…its a perfect storm…It seems, and I hope, seller doesnt care about the money AS MUCH as he wants the power and for F1 to be exposed if they cant live up to a claim.

Im never one to trash a business, so this is a perfect opportunity for F1 to prove itself. If they cant… this could go viral.

If F1 made a mistake let them tune the ECU again. Give it the best tune they can do and dyno the car again. This would shed some light on what they can do. Keep working with the owner as hes obviously willing to test their claims.

F1 Tuning is garbage. They present themselves terribly at shows and track events with their awful excuse of a modified (see: RICED OUT) Ferrari that features ripped couplers, terrible wiring, and body mods normally reserved for widebody Civics. Unfortunately they’ve gained popularity through being the “first to tune X car” and smooth talking/typing. Thanks Love4Boost for doing this.

the customer shouldnt have to deal with trial and error, and testing on their own cars, this seems to be what might be happening. also keep in mind he is paying to put the car on the dyno each time.

Got shitty vibes from them as well at the 2 Waterfests and (2?) H2OIs I’ve seen them at.

I agree. They should pay to right their mistake. And give a serious discount/refund for the time and aggravation they caused.

Let me introduce myself.
Tonino Petrolo “founder and CEO of F1 Tuning Corporation”

I don’t know how this happened and what has caused the problem. But 30% power gain and 40% torque etc, does not apply to this car.
I apologize for any inconvenience.
But I can assure you that I will figure out the issue and bring the answers to all of the forum members of “Why this car does not make power”.
There is a problem “somewhere”.
I personally be there @ Autohaus tomorrow morning, i need the car, so please bring the car !!!
It would be done in the AM," there is no mistake beside the 30% info tha was used on the wrong car"
I am working on finding out where this issue arose from. Once I figure it out, i will explain in details to everyone. If you have any other questions or concerns there is FAQ on my website.
Feel free to read.
I just tuned a 2011 BMW 328 that was tuned @ Autohaus Motors.
No issues, the car was brand new, no mileage.
I read about clutch slipping regarding this car,
First I also got a call about “air injection pump” and wanted it to be deleted regarding this car, and i said no !
So I got the ECU and tuned it myself, I feel there are many issues with this car and I will work diligently to come with an answer on why this has happened.
Here is the info that can also be found on FAQ on my website. www.f1tuning.com

Q How will my car improve after fitting a tuning chip?
A F1 Tuning Corporation has developed a unique set of applications for most modern cars, including Non Turbos, Turbos, and Turbocharged diesels. Our service for vehicles with aspirated engine remaps the on board computer, which gives vehicles up to 10% more power. Other annoying traits such as hesitation and poor throttle response that can occur on computer controlled cars are eliminated making the car more lively and responsive. This makes in town driving a pleasure, requiring less gear changing with a smooth and progressive engine response. On Turbo cars there are impressive gains of up 25% more power and torque. Driving pleasure is increased through less gear changing and you will feel that your car is more lively and responsive. F1 Tuning Corporation does this by increasing the manufacturers boost limit and with the reprogrammed computer matching the car’s ignition timing and fueling, long term reliability of the engine is retained. Turbocharged diesel tuning includes reprogramming of the computer matching the fueling to the increased manufacturer’s boost pressure, giving impressive gains of up to 30% more torque and more power. This adds to driving pleasure, requiring less gear changing, making the car more lively and responsive. There is also the potential for improved fuel economy.

i wouldnt let you tune my lawnmower.

Sweet. No one cares.

Give the guy a chance to make the situation right, wither it be through a refund, a re-tune, or whatever they agree to. I doubt some mentally challenged kids putting their two cents in on an Internet forum will affect an agreement between the tuner and the client.