Feeler: 1998 CBR600F3

what the fuck is your problem? You just said that this thread was a feeler, and stated in your original post to “shoot some offers” which is exactly what he did. And he gave you a fair one at that.

All you had to say was, “no thanks” or maybe “that’s too low for me considering the condition of the bike” and then some discussion between the two of you may have followed, and then you might have sold your bike for alot closer to what you actually want for it.

So don’t act like a total fuckbag when people are giving you exactly what you asked for.

i was gonna offer $2500-2800 thats really all they go for dont know why you get all mad cuz people tell you what they will pay. theres a 05 on here for $3500 so i figured this would be under 3k its a nice bike though if you figure out what you want for it let me know just IMHO your gonna take a loss no matter what dont expect what you paid or more then what you paid for this a year ago when it looks like even you payed a little too much

+2 the only number you gave was what you payed last year no ones gonna be like oh sweet you got it for $4k ill give you $4500 this is NYspeed after all

x2 and it was dropped, instead of practicing in a parking lot you should of been at a training course not riding around with a permit

awhile back i propositioned time warner and verizon to put together a “welcome to the internet” package. included in this package would be various tips and tricks for making your way through this big intimidating network of computers.

i won’t bore you with the whole thing, but since you’re clearly new, i’ll give you some info on how it works when you’re on these crazy car forums. when you make a “Feeler” and then you don’t specify a price people are going to make you offers.

offers are based on a concept called value. value is subjective to the buyer and the seller. if the potential buyer looks at something and decides what he would like to pay for it, he’ll offer it to you. if it’s worth more to the seller, then there is a communication issue. since you desire the buyer’s money more than he desires your bike, you should attempt to reach a common ground.

you can:
a. “sell” him on the product. show him why this bike is worth more than the other dime a dozen late 90’s sport bikes selling for the price he offered in hopes that he comes around to your price

b. realize that you are polishing a turd and that you got bent over initially and now have to take your losses and come down to a more reasonable price point.

c. type an incoherent rant about idiot low ballers.

EDIT: i have large quantities of love for all men named shrives and paulo in this thread.

QFT $2500 was a very fair offer. I was thinking of offering less actually.

i pmed you about this bike get back to me i wanna buy it if its in god shape!!

lol. very nice. :clap:

Like stated in the zx7 thread I bought my 2002 R1 for 4 grand with only 10k on the clock. And i thought that was a fair price

ok let me get this straight:

you paid 4 grand for a 10 year old bike…then

you posted a feeler thread will no asking price…then

you bitch and moan at senior members who make fair a offer…while

you speak in incoherent babble and sound like an ass clown.

GTFO

edit: i’ll give you 2 grand tomorrow

a 10 year old bike with crash damage would be worth at most 3k… would i pay that much for it? no… id offer 2-2500… and for me, this bike wouldnt be worth me putting that into, for a new rider, absolutely…

On that note, my exgf bought a 2000 honda cbrf4 4 years ago… it was down on the right side, but you couldnt tell unless you ran your hand down the side of the bike to feel the minor damage… she paid… 3400 for it, and it had a pipe, windscreen, gold wheels, etc etc…

I wish you luck in selling it, but realistically… id tell the people with a 2500 offer to pony up another 300 bucks and id run with it…

glwts

LOL at my friends in this thread… you know who you are :-p

if you do or dont end up selling your bike i have two brand new dunlop sportmax qualifiers, front and back that will fit your rims. pm me if your interested.

the damn thing is worth about 2,000 + or - a little bit. anyways, check your pm’s as i need your phone number becasue someone i know is interested in it.

If you really think that dumbass offer is worth reading, then ill say what was mentioned above, “im sorry but thats too low” lol.

check KBB if you really think that lol.

this just in, KBB doesn’t mean shit :tup:

Funny thing is i could have probably sold this for you, i have 3-4 friends looking

??? so every1 wants one but they don’t want to pay for one.

interesting. lol

actually they do, but i wont clutter your already failed thread with reasons why they won’t buy yours

GL

im not exactly worried about what shrives and a few others think a bike they haven’t seen is or is not worth.

im not going to have trouble selling this come april/may

but thanks for not cluttering my thread your the best.

Not sure if it’s what you’re trying to do, but you’re coming off as a pretty big douche-bag.

The people in this thread giving you their opinion, aren’t exactly new to the bike scene.

You can keep being a dick, and throwing away peoples fair offers, and it won’t sell on here. Hopefully you can find someone like you to overpay for your bike. Which has been down, and has 18k miles on it. Good luck with that.

oh and btw…
1998 Honda CBR600F3
4-Cylinder
4-Stroke
600cc
Trade-In Value (Good Condition)$2455

Suggested Retail Value$3595

wooowwww kbb is sooooooooo much better than these offers. And kbb is assuming the bike is near perfect condition. with not as many miles.

well said