focus is done, and HOLY FAST

buttoned up the foci tonight with HRK. played with my basemap a bit, and took it for a short drive. holy shit was i impressed. SOOOOOO much different than last years setup. on 1/3 throttle and shifting at 4k rpms, i was making the full 10psi of boost with ease. spool up starts right off the clutch and is very noticeable by 2k rpms. i cant stress how amazing it finally feels to have this damn thing working right. BIG FUCKING :tup: to hrk for the fab work and riding shotty with the datalogger.

we got the a/f right around 10% each way of the target 13:1

Niceeeeeee!

Btw, I still need your schedule so I can figure up what the hell is up with the turn signals.

fixed the wiring, nick did the mod that takes the bulbs which do double duty as running lights & turn signals, and turned them into JUST turn signals … fixed the problem just fine

edit: god this car is fun :slight_smile:

:headbang: o yeah, i forgot to mention that my datalogger reads LOWER than ambient air temp for the intake air temp. :tup:

^^^hell yea, that was sweet … staying rock steady at 60* anytime we were parked or just rolling down the street out of boost … wouldnt flinch to 59.9 or 60.1 EVER … then we hit boost and i watch it drop down to like 57.3

Awesome, I so want a ride. :tup:

Nick, I heard your exhaust go around the neighborhood about 100x lol. Did you fix some stuff after I left with Jeremy?

Congrats on getting your car up and running. :tup:

That A/F seems a little high for full boost. I thought 11.8-12 was a more ideal target. How did you pick 13:1?

:tup: awesome man u need to make it up to one of the meets!

13.1 is for my closed loop. 12:1 is for open loop, and i cant really do open loop until i calibrate by wideband for my datalogger and get on a dyno. if i cant afford to get on the dyno ill have to have a try at street tunning it.

Good stuff. I want to see this thing.

13:1?!?!?!?!

id get that lower… soon. what compression ratio are you? Are you running egt?

nice nice :tup:

time to change your username, “finallyfinishedfuckingfastfocus” :stuck_out_tongue:

can’t wait to see it. :tup:

Good call on the egt, by the way. Congrats nick.

i double check, its 12 to one a/r, and compression is stock…i think 9.5 or 10 to 1

:tup: I wanna see this thing in action…hint hint.

if your hinting at a race, you will own the crap out of me, plus im keeping it in closed loop until i get the wideband calibrated fully and get some dyno/street tunning time

13:1 for closed loop is a bit low…what’s your psi cross over point for open loop?

open loop is not dictated by boost, rather throttle position. and i think 3/4 throttle is open loop